West Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of West Oahu events. Fax items to 585-6324 or email email@example.com one week ahead of the Wednesday publication date.
* HEROES HALL Pearlridge Center presents the annual traveling show Hall of Heroes now through Aug. 4, featuring caped crusaders and custom-built displays throughout the center. Call 488-0981.
* ROTARY TALK Hilton Raethel of HMSA explains rate hikes and new health initiatives at Kapolei Rotary Club’s 7:30 a.m. breakfast meeting May 31 in the faculty lounge at Kapolei High School. Call 722-1489 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* AIEA REUNION Aiea High’s Class of 2002 has an early deadline of June 1 for its 10-year reunion, set for 5:30 p.m. Aug. 11 at Cupola Theater in Honolulu. Final deadline is June 14. Go to aieaclassof2002.org.
* BON DANCE Hawaii’s Plantation Village has its annual bon dance festival from 5 to 10 p.m. June 2 at 94-695 Waipahu St., featuring performances by six dance groups and plenty of food booths in the village meadow. Dancing begins at 6 p.m. Bring chairs and mats. Call 677-0110.
* ORGANIZE Simply Organized conducts a free workshop on “Dig Out and Climb Up” at 1 p.m. June 2 at its Kapolei store, located at 889 Kamokila Blvd. For details, call 529-5801.
* KUNIA MUSIC 3rd Cup Cafe & Venue hosts Josh Sharp on acoustic guitar at 8 p.m. June 2, and the grand opening of the Oahu Photography Meetup Group photo show at 6 p.m. June 2 on the second floor of the Times building in Royal Kunia. Call 888-6087.
* SWAP MEET Ewa by Gentry Community Association hosts a summer swap meet from 8 a.m. to noon June 2 at the EGCA park, 91-195 Keaunui Drive, with food, music, crafts and much more. Big Brothers Big Sisters also accepts donations from noon to 12:30 p.m. Visit ewabygentry.net.
* TALKING FICTION Award-winning local author Victoria Kneubuhl discusses writing historical fiction at 10:30 a.m. June 2 at Kapolei Library. A drawing will be held for two of her autographed books. Call 693-7050.
* LITERACY The Adult Literacy Program presents a tutor orientation at 1 p.m. June 3 in the Star-Advertiser facility in Kapolei. Training will run from 1 to 5 p.m. June 3, 10, 17 and July 1. Call 537-6706.
* BOOK TIME Aiea Library presents “Book Time with Ronald McDonald” at 10:30 a.m. June 5. Call 483-7333.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 to 11:15 a.m. June 7 at Kapolei Bank of Hawaii and 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. June 9 at Kapolei Shopping Center. Call 848-4770.
* BRITISH SOCCER Leeward AYSO hosts a British Coaches Youth Soccer Camp June 11-15 at Kapolei Regional Park for players age 5 to 16. Camp T-shirt is included in the fee, and walk-ins are OK. Email Ron Matar at email@example.com.