Central Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of Central Oahu events. Email items to email@example.com by July 4 or fax to 585-6324. The next edition is July 11.
* STILT STORIES Ben Moffat does free puppets and magic in “The River of Dreams,” his Stories on Stilts program, at 6:30 p.m. June 26 at Kahuku Library. Call 293-8935.
* NEIGHBORS North Shore Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. June 26 at Haleiwa Elementary; Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. June 27 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* STORYTIMES Wally Amos tells stories in “Dream Big, Read!” at 10 a.m. June 27 at Wahiawa Library; Auntie Tina has stories and crafts at 10 a.m. June 29 and July 6. Call 622-6345.
* MOVIE NIGHTS Wahiawa Library’s free weekly movie night screens Big Miracle at 5:30 p.m. June 28, and John Carter at 5:30 p.m. July 3. Call 622-6345.
* ASTRONAUTS Bishop Museum presents “Who Wants to be an Astronaut?” at 11 a.m. June 28 at Kahuku Library and conducts a science festival July 3 with games, food and prizes. Call 293-8935.
* WITNESSES The Jehovah Witnesses’ convention has changed its dates to June 28-30 at 239 Pali’i St. in Mililani Technology Park. It includes presentations in Spanish as well as 10 other languages. The public is invited. Call David Eickhoff at 429-8964.
* PANTHERS Waipio Panthers football league signs up players age 5 to 13 through the end of June for flag and/or tackle football. Practices are at C.O.R.P. and other sites. Waipiopanthers@gmail.com
* BANDSTAND The Bluegrass Barnstormers do an encore concert at 4 p.m. July 1 at Waialua Bandstand. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* BLOOD DRIVE Hawaii Blood Bank has a donor drive from 8 to 11:30 a.m. July 2 at American Savings Bank in Mililani Technology Park. Call 848-4770.
* OIA COACHES OIA Independent Football Officials have an initial meeting of new and interested coaches at 6:30 p.m. July 2 in Hirata Hall at McKinley High School, with registration at 5:30. A $30 deposit is requested for training booklets and materials. Follow-up meetings are planned for 6:30 p.m. July 5 and 9 at McKinley. Call 748-1518.
* ART EXHIBIT Oahu Arts Center has an art show July 2-25 at Kapolei Hale. Call 271-1344.
* BUBBLE SHOW Wahiawa Library presents the Aloha Clowns and their “Amazing Magical Bubble Show” at 6:30 p.m. July 5. Call 622-6345. * OSHIRO FORUM State Rep. Marcus Oshiro has a post-session forum from 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 10 in Hale Koa at Wahiawa District Park. Refreshments will be served. Call 586-6200.
* PREP FOOTBALL Hawaii State Jr. Prep Sports Association accepts football signups for fall season for grades 4-8, with teams based in Wahiawa, Waikele and elsewhere. Go to hawaiistatejrprep.com or call 692-3589.