West Oahu Highlights
Send West Oahu items to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13 to be considered for the May 20 edition, or call 529-4850.
• HEALTHY Mokichi Okada Association offers Healthy Monday wellness activities from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. May 11 and 25 at Pearlridge Center Uptown. Call 487-0522.
• TOWN HALL State Sens. Breene Harimoto and Clarence Nishihara, and Reps. Gregg Takayama and Roy Takumi, and City Councilman Brandon Ele-fante co-sponsor a town hall meeting at 7 p.m. May 12 at Highlands Intermediate cafeteria on construction-related traffic in Pearl City and Aiea. Call 586-6230 or 768-5008.
• NEIGHBORS Ewa Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. May 15 at Ewa Beach Library. Call 768-3710.
• BLOOD DRIVES Ha-waii Blood Bank has donor drives from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. May 15 at the state Kakuhihewa Building on Kamokila Boulevard, 7-11:30 a.m. May 17 at Waikele Center and 7-11 a.m. May 24 at Ewa Town Center Foodland. Call 848-4770.
• COCKPIT Pacific Aviation Museum plans an Open Cockpit Day from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 16 in Hangar 79. It’s free with museum admission. Call 441-1007.
• REFLUX Dr. Russell Yang, a gastroenterologist at Pali Momi Medical Center, presents a talk about heartburn, side effects and screenings at 1 p.m. May 16 at Kapolei Library. Call 693-7050.
• MUSIC Pearlridge Center has live entertainment May 16 at 11 a.m., noon and 1:30 p.m. Uptown; and 11:30 a.m. (hula and Tahitian dance) Downtown. Call 487-0522.
• SOCCER Leeward AYSO 269 (Makaha to Kapolei) registers players age 4-18 from 4 to 6 p.m. May 16 at Nanakuli High cafeteria. Early registration fee is $75 (until May 31, then $85), which includes uniform, insurance and photo package. Make checks payable to AYSO 269; credit cards welcome. Visit leewardayso269.com.
• CYCLING Hawaii Bicycling League lead a discussion of “Staying Mentally Alert Through Cycling” at 11 a.m. May 16 at Aiea Library. Call 483-7333.
• NISHIHARA TALK State Sen. Clarence Nishi-hara hosts a coffee hour from 11 a.m. to noon May 23 at Waipahu Don Quijote. Call 728-1008.
Hawai-ian Astronomical Society hosts its free monthly star party May 23 at Geiger Community Park, complete with telescopes. Time and dates vary, depending on the moon. The park is located at 1129 Kahiuka St. in Ewa Beach. Email email@example.com.
• WETLAND Hawaii Nature Center volunteers help restore Pouhala wetlands in Waipahu from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. May
30 (moved from May 23). Call 955-0100, ext. 118.
• HURRICANES Ewa Beach Hurricanes are conducting registration for intermediate and elementary football players, coaches and parent help. Apply to ewabeachhurricanes@gmai
l.com or call Coach Nolan at 232-4449.
• CARDINALS Ewa Beach Cardinals are accepting applications for the fall football season of intermediate and elementary, no-weight-limit play, as well adult staff support and coaches. Call 271-5792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
• TOASTMASTERS Pearl City Toastmasters meet at 7 p.m. every first and third Tuesday in the Mokihana Room of Pearlridge Gardens & Tower (98-1042 Moanalua Road). Call 780-2066.
• BOXING BOXFIT808 in Aiea conducts a “Women-Only Boxing Class” Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Call 256-1770 or visit boxfit808.com.
• CRESTVIEW CLUB The city has weekly activities and programs for Crestview Sunrisers club at 9:30 a.m. Fridays at Crestview Community Park. Call 671-4838.
• WAIPAHU SENIORS The city has weekly activ ities and programs for two senior citizen clubs in Waipahu: Waipahu Cosmopolitans at 9 a.m. Fridays (678-0871) and Waipahu Seniors at 9 a.m. Wednesdays (675-7129).
• PEARL CITY CLUB The city has weekly activities and programs for Pearl City Seniors club at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Manana Community Park. Call 453-7550.
• WAIAU SENIORS The city has weekly activities and programs for Waiau Seniors club at 9:30 a.m. Mondays at Waiau District Park. Call 453-7555.
• MAKAKILO CLUB The city has weekly activities and programs for Makakilo Seniors club at 9 a.m. Mondays at Makakilo Community Park. Call 672-8465.
• EWA SENIORS The city has weekly activities and programs for Ewa Hui Aloha at 8:30 a.m. Fridays at Asing Community Park. Call 681-6435.
• ALZHEIMER’S An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of each month at St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church in Aiea. Call 591-2771.
• BUDDHISTS Kapolei Buddhist Sangha conducts services at 10 a.m. each third Sunday at Ewa Hongwanji, 91-1133 Renton Road. A Dharma talk also is offered at 6:30 p.m. on the first Saturday at the Hongwanji. Call 492-7254.
• JIU JITSU The Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy has opened in Kapolei, offering family-oriented instruction for all age and skill levels. Call 782-8590.
• FITNESS R.I.P.P.E.D. Fitness offers a complete one-hour workout at 6 p.m. Tuesdays at Momilani Rech Center covering car-dio, agility, resistance and endurance. Call 676-9677.
• CHORALE New singers are invited to join the Kapolei Chorale at its rehearsals, held at 6:30 p.m. each Sunday in Kapolei. The group features sopranos, altos, tenors and basses for four-part harmony. Call Judy at 623-4045.
• SLACK KEYYameen Fong teaches classes in beginner slack-key guitar in four weekly meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays, and ukulele picking at 10 a.m. Thursdays, both at Ewa Mahiko District Park, 91-1145 Renton Road. Call 685-6035 or visit fongsmu-sic.homestead.com.
• GATHERING Prince Kuhio Community Center hosts The Gathering Place market from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Mondays at 91-1270 Kinoiki St. in Kapolei, offering food, crafts and entertainment to bring Westside folks together. Vendors may call Megan at 772-6682.
• ROTARY P.M. Kapolei Sunset Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. Mondays on Kai ‘Oli‘Oli catamaran at Ko Olina Marina. Dinner costs $11 and is followed by a brief program. Parking is validated. RSVP to email@example.com or call 347-9721.
• ROTARY A.M. Kapolei Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Thursdays in the faculty lounge at Kapolei High School. Call 722-1489 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• YOGA Free classes in Holistic Energy Yoga meet at 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays at Waiau District Park. Call 381-4376.
• AIEA HULA Halau Hula ‘O Kala Kapeka conducts hula classes on five skill levels at St. Elizabeth Catholic Church hall, 99-312 Moanalua Road in Aiea. Call 255-4001.