West Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of West Oahu events. Fax items to 585-6324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org one week ahead of the Wednesday publication date.
* NEIGHBORS Ewa Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. May 10 at Ewa Beach Library. Call 768-3710.
* BAND CONCERT Ewa Makai Middle School’s spring band concert is at 7 p.m. May 11 in the school auditorium. Call 687-9500.
* KUNIA MUSIC 3rd Cup Cafe & Venue in the Times Kunia building has Stacy & Company from 7 to 9 p.m. May 11, and TCB (Taking Care of Business) from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. May 12. Call 888-6087.
* LEGISLATIVE TALK State Rep. Sharon Har (D-40: Kapolei, Makakilo, Royal Kunia, Kalaeloa) has a community meeting from 9 to 10 a.m. May 12 at the Makakilo Elementary cafeteria to discuss legislative and community concerns. Call 586-8500.
* SPRING FLING Pearl City Community Association has its Spring Fling craft fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 12 at Pearl City Highlands Elementary cafeteria. Call 453-6470.
* HULA KAHIKO The Malia Craver Hula Kahiko Competition starts at 10 a.m. May 12 at Pearl City High School gym, featuring halau from a dozen high and intermediate schools throughout the state. Tickets are $10 and $8 at the door. Call Kalihi-Palama Culture & Arts Society at 521-6905.
* BLOOD TALK Kaiser Permanente presents a free Senior Summit lecture on “Blood Pressure and You” at 10 a.m. May 14 at its Waipio Clinic, 94-1480 Moaniani St. All ages are welcome. Call 432-2235 to register.
* ROTARY TALK Bruce Coppa, the governor’s chief of staff, recaps the legislative session at Kapolei Rotary Club’s 7:30 a.m. breakfast meeting May 17 in the Kapolei High School faculty lounge. Email email@example.com or call 722-1489.
* WINE & FOOD The Hawaii Wine & Food at Ko Olina is May 17-19 at Ko Olina Resort, with a preview party at 5 p.m. May 17 at Azul Restaurant, Grand Tasting at 6 p.m. May 18 at Paradise Cove and Grand Finale and Fashion Show at 6 p.m. May 19 at Paradise Cove. Proceeds go to the Kapolei Foundation for local scholarships. Go to hawaiiwineandfood.com.
* GARAGE SALE Bethel Chapel in Waipahu has a garage sale of multiple families and vendors from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 19 in its parking lot, with new and used clothing, household goods, electronics and more. For details or to ask about vendor space, call Alan at 206-1398.
* BENEFIT GOLF The Close Construction Charity Foundation sponsors its third annual “Close Open” golf tourney May 25 at Pearl Country Club, to benefit the Pearl City High athletic department. Call Mark Pao at 375-3636.
* PARENT SKILLS Malama Learning Center conducts a Without Walls workshop on all-natural parenting from 9 a.m. to noon May 26 at Ilima at Leihano in Kapolei. For fees and details, go to malamalearningcenter.org
* WAIPAHU ’02 The Waipahu Class of 2002 plans a 10-year reunion from 6 to 10 p.m. July 7 at the Hale Koa Luau Garden. RSVPs are by May 20 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* GOLF TOURNEY Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific Foundation plans its annual golf tournament from 10:30 a.m. to noon May 30 at Hawaii Prince Golf Club in Ewa Beach. For details and to register, visit rehabhospital.org/golf or email email@example.com.
* MCC MARKET The Momilani Farmers Market runs from 3 to 7 p.m. Fridays at Momilani Community Center, with about 20 vendors plus a new family activity each week. Call Kasey at 341-0568.
* MAKEKE KAPOLEI Kapolei High School has a farmers’ and green market, Makeke Kapolei, from 3 to 6:30 p.m. Thursdays with locally grown produce, prepared foods, plants, arts and crafts. Call 692-8200, ext. 2267.
* EWA SCHOOL MART A Mahiku Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays at Ewa Beach Elementary. Call 225-4002.
* WAIPIO MARKET Kaiser’s Waipio Clinic hosts a Fresh Days Farmers Market from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2260.
* CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market has produce on Tuesdays 6:30-7:30 a.m. at Waiau District Park and 8:15-9:15 a.m. at Waipahu District Park; Fridays 7-8 a.m. to Halawa District Park and 9-10 a.m. at Ewa Beach Community Park; Sundays 7-8:30 a.m. at Kapolei Community Park, 9:30-11 a.m. at Royal Kunia Park-n-Ride and 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Waikele Community Park. Call 522-7088.
* STAR SIGHTINGS Ko Olina hosts “Stars Above Hawaii,” an astronomical star show, at 8, 9 and 10 nightly by reservation at 291-2464.