West Oahu Highlights
Send West Oahu items to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23 to be considered for the July 30 edition.
* KAPOLEI DANCE The Kapolei chapter of Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association registers students at 7 p.m. July 21 at Makakilo Community Park for classes in waltz and samba which began July 7. Call 781-2076.
* NEIGHBORS Pearl City Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. July 22 at Waiau District Park, Makakilo-Kapolei-Honokai Hale meets at 7 p.m. July 23 in Kapolei High cafeteria, and Waipahu meets at 7 p.m. July 24 at FilCom Center on Mokuola Street. Call 768-3710.
* KEIKI FILM HUI Pearlridge 16 and Kapolei 16 Theatres’ Keiki Film Hui screens Despicable Me 2 at 10 a.m. July 23-24, with children’s tickets costing $1. Still ahead: Rio July 30-31. Call 239-0919.
* PAU HANA MUSIC Virgin Mary band entertains for pau hana from 6 to 8 p.m. July 24, and Randy Allen is booked for July 31 at Aiea Bowl and The Alley Restaurant. Call 445-8236.
* HARDWARE Area City Mill stores offer free talks and product demonstrations on stain removers from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 26: Diamond Magic at the Pearl City store (487-3636) and Krud Kutter at the Ewa Beach store (685-4422).
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. July 27 at Ewa Town Center’s Foodland and 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 30 at Kakuhihewa building, 601 Kamokila Blvd. in Kapolei. Call 848-4770.
* ROTARY TALKS Kapolei Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Thursdays in the faculty lounge at Kapolei High School. Guest speaker July 31 is Darry Grace of Mokulele Airlines, Aug. 7 is Gov. Neil Abercrombie, and Aug. 28 is UH president David Lassner. Email email@example.com.
* WAIPAHU BON Waipahu Soto Zen Temple Taiyoji has its bon dances at 7 p.m. Aug. 1 and 2 at 94-413 Waipahu St., with food booths opening at 6, taiko at 8:30 p.m. Aug. 1 and Okinawan dancing at 8:30 p.m. Aug. 2. Call 671-3103.
* KROC COMEDY Kroc Center presents “Comedy Night at the Kroc” at 7 p.m. Aug. 2, featuring local comedians Jose Dynamite and James Mane. Admission is $10 at the door or in advance, with pre-show plate dinners from 5:30 to 6:30. The center is at 91-3257 Kualakai Parkway in Ewa Beach. Call 682-5505.
* PLANT SALE Halawa Xeriscape Garden has an Unthirsty Plant Sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 2 at 99-1268 Iwaena St., along with food, free workshops by master gardeners and experts, a Royal Hawaiian band concert, keiki activities, exhibits, free mulch and more. Call 748-5041.
* ORGANIZED Simply Organized offers a free workshop on “Travel Organized, Comfortable and Efficient on your Next Vacation” with Arlene Shiratori-Wong at 1 p.m Aug. 2 at its Kapolei store, 889 Kamokila Blvd. Call 693-8888.
* HOOPS BENEFIT A 3-on-3 basketball fundraiser is planned for Aug. 10 at Campbell High School to benefit head basketball and track coach Wyatt Tau, who recently lost his home in a fire. Fee is $20 per player. Call 218-9955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* YOUTH FOOTBALL KapCity Hurricanes register players for youth flag and tackle football now through Aug. 31 for the fall season (September-November). Area practices are held 4-6:30 p.m. weekdays. Call 393-5844 or visit facebook.com/usoathletics.
* FOOTBALL Ewa Beach Sabers Youth Football is registering youths now for the fall season of flag and tackle football. Practices are weekdays at Asing Community Park. Visit face-book.com/ebsyf or call 722-2616.
* CAMPBELL 1972 Campbell High School’s Class of 1972 plans its 60th-birthday party for Sept. 19-23 in downtown Las Vegas, via Vacations Hawaii. For details, call Myrna at 265-2412.
* FLEA MARKET Hawaii Self Storage conducts a flea market/swap meet from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Friday and Saturday at 2009 Lauwiliwili St. in Kapolei with new items daily and plenty of vendors. Email email@example.com.
* MCC MARKET The Momilani Farmers Market at Momilani Community Center offers about 20 vendors plus a new family activity from 3 to 6 p.m. Fridays at 715 Hoomoana St. Call Kasey at 341-0568.
* MAKEKE KAPOLEI Kapolei High School has a farmers’ and green market, Makeke Kapolei, from 3 to 6:30 p.m. each Thursday in the school parking lot, offering more than 30 vendors with locally grown produce, prepared foods, plants, arts and crafts, demonstrations and cultural presentations. Co-sponsors are Malama Learning Center and Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center. Call 697-3599.
* EWA MARKET A Mahiku Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays at The Waterfront at Pu’uola, 5105 Iroquois Ave. Call 225-4002.
* WAIPIO MARKET Kaiser Permanente’s Waipio Clinic hosts a Fresh Days Farmers Market from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2260.
* CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. at Waiau District Park and 8:15-9:15 a.m. at Waipahu District Park; Fridays 7-8 a.m. at Halawa District Park and 9-10 a.m. at Ewa Beach Community Park; Sundays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Kapolei Community Park, 9:30-11 a.m. at Royal Kunia Park-n-Ride, and 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Waikele Community Park. For more information, call 522-7088.
* LCC MARKET ‘Nalo Farms presents a weekly farmers market from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sundays in parking lot C at Leeward Community College, featuring local produce and prepared dishes. Call 259-7698.
* AIEA MARKET Pearlridge Center hosts weekly farmers market from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays by the highway fronting Sears and Zippy’s, featuring music, prizes and keiki activities. Visit alamoanafarmersmarket.com.
* HULA WAIPAHU No Kealoha O Hula halau offers adult beginner classes at 6 p.m. and intermediate classes at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in Village Park. Fee is $25 plus a refundable $25 deposit. Call instructor Desiree at 478-0404.
* ADOPTING PETS Hawaii Dog Foundation sponsors pet adoptions from noon to 2 p.m. every Sunday at Petco Pearl City. Call 782-8387.
* HABITAT HELP Habitat for Humanity Leeward Oahu seeks volunteers to help with its mission of self-built housing for low-income families in Kapolei, Ewa Beach and Waianae. Call Toni Anduha at 696-7882.
* FITNESS Fit Wiz Hawaii offers classes in Pilates, yoga, Tabata and TRX Beach Boot Camps (suspension training) in Kapolei and Ewa Beach for ages 12 and older, with the first class free. Visit fitwizhawaii.com.
* YOGA Free classes in Holistic Energy Yoga meet at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Waiau District Park. Call 381-4376.
* VEGGIE COOKS Down to Earth offers free vegetarian cooking classes at 4 p.m. on the first Wednesday of each month at its Kapolei store. Call 947-3249.
* STRIDERS FIT4MOM Central Oahu offers stroller strides and Stroller Barre classes Monday through Friday at 9 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park and Monday, Wednesday, Friday at Kapolei Regional Park, Schofield Barracks and Hickam AFB. Prices and memberships options vary. First class free. Visit centraloahu.fit4mom.com or call (610) 217-9285.
* MASTERS SWIMVeterans Memorial Aquatic Center offers a U.S. Masters swimming program, meeting at 7 p.m. each Monday and Wednesday at Central Oahu Regional Park. Call 677-8849.