Shops Popping Up For Holidays
Five seasonal stores have opened or soon will open at Windward Mall, joining used bookstore chain BOOKOFF for the convenience of holiday shoppers.
Visitors also can take advantage of the annual Santa letter-writing station, Snow Flurry Tree, Santa photos and St. Nick Pet Pics, all of which have already opened. (The pet photo service is offered from 6 to 9 p.m. Nov. 19 and 26.)
The new pop-up stores and kiosks feature a wide array of offerings.
* Go! Calendars/Go! Games, which opened ahead of the pack in October, sells calendars and other trinkets (such as puzzles, kites and toys) on the upper level of the Sports Authority wing.
* Jean’s Warehouse Kids opened Nov. 1 near Wet Seal with its low-priced line of children’s and plus-sized apparel.
* Two candy retailers – See’s Candies and Menehune Mac – set up shop in early November to sell their classic chocolates and confections. The See’s kiosk is one of six locations in Hawaii that officially sell the brand. Menehune Mac returns to Windward’s upper level to offer its more locally flavored offerings.
* And of course, there can’t be a traditional Christmas without a tree. Haley’s Christmas Trees will be open in Macy’s parking lot from Nov. 25 to Dec. 19 to sell fresh trees (including grand firs and noble firs) and wreaths to mall visitors.
* The one permanent store of the bunch, BOOKOFF, opened its third Hawaii location Oct. 11. The Japanese retailer buys and sells used books, CDs, DVDs, electronics and games. It is located on the lower level of the Macy’s wing.
Visit windwardmall.com or call 235-1143.