Revised Ko‘olau Poko Plan Up For Review
City planners will conduct a community meeting from 6 to 8 tonight (Nov. 19) in Castle High cafeteria to hear comments on a public review draft of the revised Ko’olau Poko Sustainable Communities Plan.
Last revised in 2000, the plan provides long-range visions and policies to guide land use and infrastructure decisions for the region from Kualoa to Makapuu Point. According to the city Department of Planning and Permitting, the new document essentially reaffirms the concepts already developed.
* preserving and enhancing resources
* protecting landmarks and scenic views
* maintaining long-term protection of resources, residential character and a stable population
* addressing impacts of climate change and sea-level rise
* enhancing commercial and civic districts
* recognizing the ahupua’a concept of land management
* emphasizing alternatives to automobile travel.
DPP also reviewed two development proposals for the Halekou and Ahuimanu areas and did not support them.
Final deadline for public comment is Feb. 16, 2015. The plan is available for review at bit.ly/ltK8h9S. For more information, call 768-8284.