Raising The Woof Helps Furry Family Members
By Stephanie Ryan, founder and president, Oahu SPCA
Having a household pet can be one of life’s greatest pleasures. Life with a four-legged friend provides fun, companionship, and teaches us compassion and responsibility.
No one believes this more than Oahu Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (oahuspca.org). We are the largest shelter in Hawaii with a no-kill philosophy, and our mission is to find every healthy, treatable animal a “forever home.”
With generous community support we have grown our shelter operations and expanded our services to include low-cost spay/neuter, veterinary services, microchips and vaccinations.
Now we are launching a new phase — we are buying land and building a larger shelter to serve more families, rehabilitate more animals and adopt out more pets. Our fundraising campaign is “Raise the Woof,” and we need your help.
Here are some facts about Oahu SPCA.
* We care for about 150 dogs and cats per day
* We offer the lowest cost spay/neuter on Oahu, serving many communities
* We microchip and inoculate pets at our facility, and at Petco stores throughout the island
* We are the only vet clinic that offers Zeuterin, an injectable sterilization for male dogs
* We rescue, rehabilitate and find homes for thousands of animals each year with help from supporters and assistance from more than 2,000 volunteers, like myself. Our large volunteer force helps guarantee that more funds go to care and treatment for our rescued animals. Here’s how your donations help:
* $5 buys hungry kittens a bag of wholesome food
* $25 sterilizes a feral cat
* $50 provides tick and flea medication
* $100 buys wet food for dogs or cats
* $250 purchases a new kennel
* $500 pays for a month of kitty litter
* $1,000 provides immediate orthopedic surgery for a dog that has been hit by a car
With your support we can “Raise the Woof” on our new facility, which will allow more families to visit, save more pets and help them find their “forever home.”
Please mail a tax-deductible check to Oahu SPCA at P.O. Box 2332, Ewa Beach, HI 96706 or call us at 754-1519 to provide credit card information by phone.
Hawaii charitable organizations may send requests for space in either Proof Positive or the free advertisement below to firstname.lastname@example.org.