Ko Olina’s Thanksgiving Outreach To Distribute 4,000 Meals
Ko Olina Resort will once again spearhead a Thanksgiving outreach for those on the less fortunate along the Leeward side.
Thanks to a partnership with Leeward Community College, needy area families will be treated to a holiday feast complete with turkey, gravy, stuffing, pie and more.
Now in its 16th year, the outreach project aims to serve 4,000 meals, compared to the 1,000 meals it served during the first event in 1999.
Leeward CC culinary students will prepare more than 2,700 pounds of turkey, while Ko Olina’s chefs tackle desserts and all other side dishes.
Employees from JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa; Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa; Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club, Ko Olina Golf Club, Ko Olina Marina and resort residents will work with churches around West Oahu to hand out and serve the meals.
UPS drivers also will assist by delivering meals to the following West Oahu locations:
* Waianae: The Gathering Place of Hope, Holy Hill of Zion Thy Dwelling Place, Waianae Vet Center, Word of Life and Ark of Safety
* Maili: Paradise Chapel
* Nanakuli: City of Joy
* Kapolei: St. Jude Catholic Church and US Vets of Kalaeloa
* Ewa Beach: West Loch Elderly Village and Calvary Chapel West Oahu
* Waipahu: Lighthouse Outreach Christian Center and Waipahu United Church of Christ
* Pearl City: Pearl City Community Church
Ko Olina’s Thanksgiving outreach is the holiday’s largest such program on the island.
To make a tax-deductible donation to the cause, send checks in care of Ko Olina Charities-Thanksgiving Outreach, Attn: Patricia Ahn, 92-1480 Aliinui Drive, Kapolei HI 96707.
More information also can be found online at koolina.com.