Giving A Pint Of Blood May 28 Earns A Pint Of Ice Cream
The ideal time to donate blood is May 28 – Memorial Day, when supplies are critical – and the Hawaii Blood Bank is making it easier through its partnership with Baskin-Robbins.
Every donor who gives a pint of blood that day will receive a coupon for a free pint of ice cream from any participating Baskin-Robbins ice cream parlor.
“Keeping the blood supply at a safe level during the summer is quite challenging,” said blood bank vice president Wendy Abe, “because many people go on vacation or are busy with other plans. We are grateful to Baskin-Robbins for helping to heighten awareness of the need for blood among non-donors and to inspire people during this traditionally tough time.”
To make an appointment, call 848-4770. Hawaii Blood Bank at 2043 Dillingham Blvd. will be open May 28 from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Manoa Marketplace also has a drive on Memorial Day from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Ewa Beach Elementary School has one from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Windward community drives this month are listed below (no ice cream, but plenty of appreciation).
* May 10, 2 to 7 p.m. at Kailua Thursday Night Market at Kailua Town Center
* May 12, 7 a.m. to noon by Safeway at Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center
* May 15, 8:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Le Jardin Academy by the gym
* May 20, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. (sponsored by New Hope Windward) by Safeway at Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center)
* May 20, 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m at First Presbyterian Church at Koolau, 45-550 Kionaole Road
* May 24, 10:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. at BYU-Hawaii ballroom
* May 26, 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. by Safeway at Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center
* May 29, 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Castle Medical Center.