Events Big And Small At The Library
Waialua Library may be small and rural, but it gets by with plenty of help from its Friends.
The June schedule of interest groups and events sponsored by Friends of Waialua Library are many and varied, as seen in the list below. For more details, call the library at 637- 8286.
• Crafters at 11 a.m. June 6. Bring current craft project to share; meet others and share tips and techniques. Waialua Crafters meets every first Saturday of each month.
• Writers at 11 a.m. June 11. Come to discuss the theme of “Games,” share what you’ve written on the topic, or just listen. Waialua Writers meets every second Saturday.
• Book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 20. Browse bargains and great finds, held every third Saturday.
• Readers at 9:30 a.m. June 25. Come to discuss Molokai by Alan Brennert. Waialua Readers meet every fourth Thursday to share views on the “Pick of the Month.”
• Drawing at 11 a.m. June 27. Participants should bring their sketchbooks, pencils and pens, and an object for a group still-life. Waialua Drawing Group meets every fourth Saturday.
• Ongoing events: Computer Instruction at 9 a.m. Fridays, Toddler Time at 10 a.m. Friday, Children’s Storytime & Craft Activity at 10 a.m. Friday.