Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central Oahu items to email@example.com by March 11 for the March 18 edition.
• PUPPETS Puppeteer Christy Lipps performs enchanted stories, finger-plays and songs with her puppets at 10:30 a.m. March 3 at Mililani Library. Call 627-7470.
• BOOK TALK Author and Wahiawa native Julia Estrella discusses her memoir, Being Local in Hawaii, at 5 p.m. March 4 at Wahiawa Library, sharing her causes and experiences with racism, ethnic identity, human longevity, civil disobedience and much more. Call 622-6345.
• MINDFUL Mililani Hongwanji offers mindfulness meditation guided by trained leaders at 7:30 p.m. March 6 (and every first Friday) at the temple, 94-257 Kaloapau St. Call 258-6192.
• SWAP MEET Vendor deadline is March 6 for Waipio Shopping Center’s Spring Swap Meet & Craft Fair, set for 8 a.m.-1 p.m. March 21 at 94-1040 Waipio Uka St. Visit shop-waipio.com.
• CRAFTERS The new Waialua Crafters group meets at 11 a.m. March 7 (and each first Saturday) at Waialua Library, where members will share and work on their current projects together. Call 637-8286.
• FAMILY DAY Dole Plantation hosts its annual Family Fun Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 7, featuring live music and hula by area schools, arts and crafts, prizes, games, food booths and more. The event includes reduced admission for the Maze and garden tour. Call 220-4981.
• HARPS Harpists Trisha Yee and Marci Prins share their talent and love of harp music at 2:30 p.m. March 7 at Wahiawa Library. Call 622-6345.
• PARKINSON’S A Parkinson’s support group meets at 1 p.m. March 7 (and every first Saturday) in Waialua United Church of Christ’s office, 67-174 Farrington Hwy. Call Grant at 282-9864.
• HIKE Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club plans an 8.2-mile intermediate hike to Pupukea summit March 8, meeting first at 8 a.m. at ‘Iolani Palace. Email htmclub.org.
• McTEACHERS Wahiawa Middle School Chorus plans a McTeachers Night fundraiser from 4 to 7 p.m. March 10 at Wahiawa McDonald’s. A portion of profits during those hours will go to the school. Call 305-3300.
• COUPON SWAP Kahuku Library hosts a free, volunteer-led program on coupon swapping from 9 to 11 a.m. March 11 (and every second Wednesday). Bring coupons to trade. Call 293-8935.
• LEILEHUA EATS Leilehua High hosts “2nd’s at Leilehua” from 4 to 7 p.m. March 13 on campus, featuring food trucks, entertainment and more as a fundraiser. Go to 2nd’s at Leilehua on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• EAT STREETS Mililani Town Association hosts an Eat The Street Block Party from 2 to 7 p.m. March 14 at Rec Center 7 and Mililani Ike Elementary on Lehiwa Drive, with entertainment, a keiki zone, parking shuttles and an ATM. Theme for the 40 vendors this month is “chocolate.” Call 440-2607.
• BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 14 and 7-11:30 a.m. March 21 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
• BIKE RACE Trade-wind Cycling Team has its annual Pineapple Sprint road race at 7 a.m. March 15, from North Shore Marketplace to Green World Farms. Visit usacy-cling.com.
• OHANA Waimea Valley sponsors La Ohana (family day) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 15, with half-price admission for kamaaina and military families. It includes a scavenger hunt, stories, hula, lei making, petroglyph rubs, cultural demonstrations and makahiki games. Call 638-7766.
• BIKE PATH HELP Malama Ke Ala Pupukea Bike Path has a workday from 2 to 5 p.m. March 15 on the path and garden — exact meeting spot to be announced. Wear close-toed shoes. Email email@example.com.
• NEIGHBORS Wahiawa-Whitmore Village Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. March 16 at Wahiawa District Park, Mililani Mauka at 7 p.m. March 17 at Mililani Mauka Elementary, North Shore at 7 p.m. March 24 at Waialua Elementary cafeteria, and Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu at 7:30 p.m. March 25 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.