Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central Oahu items to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 15 for the Oct. 22 edition.
* MARKET MOVE The People’s Open Market in Wahiawa currently meets in the Kilani Avenue parking lot from 10 to 11 a.m. Oct. 7 and every Tuesday. Call 522-7088.
* STAND UP FINALS Turtle Bay Resort hosts the Stand Up World Series finals Oct. 10-12, with racing between the resort and Haleiwa, plus other activities. Visit watermanleague.com.
* MILILANI MUSIC Royal Hawaiian Band plays at noon Oct. 11 at Mililani Town Center. Call 625-0108.
* LIVING HISTORY Tropic Lightning Museum hosts Living History Day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 11 on Schofield Barracks with a Civil War reenactment, jitterbug dancers, a K-9 demonstration and much more for the public. Call 655-0438.
* PROJECT C.L.E.A.N. Wahiawa residents are invited to join HPD’s District 2 Project C.L.E.A.N. (Community Lokahi to Enrich our Aina Now) from 8 to 11 a.m. Oct. 11 to remove trash and paint out graffiti in the Wilikina Drive-Lakeview Circle area. Call 723-8710.
* WAIALUA WRITERS Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. Oct. 11 to discuss “Nature of Man.” Call 637-8286.
* WAIALUA MUSIC Summer Kealoha plays from 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 11 at Jerry’s Pizza in Waialua with good food and good fun. BYOB. Call 637-8866.
* LIONS DINNER Wahiawa Lions Club meets at 6:45 p.m. Oct 15 at Dot’s restaurant to hear updates from Helemano Elementary principal Ernest Muh. Call 621-0852.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Oct. 17 at Leilehua High School’s front parking lot and 7-11:45 a.m. Oct. 18 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
* KANOELANI FAIR Kanoelani Elementary’s Craft and Family Fun Fair runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 18 at 94-1091 Oli Loop. Call 675-0195.
* PAHOLE HIKE Hawaii Nature Center leads a 4-mile moderate hike to Pahole Natural Area Reserve in the Waianae Mountains from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Oct. 18. Fee is $10. Call 955-0100, ext. 118.
* BOOK SALE Friends of Waialua Library have a book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 18 at the library. Call 637-8286.
* CRAFT FAIR Haleiwa Jodo Mission has its craft fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 18 at 66-279A Haleiwa Road, featuring jewelry, gifts, baked goods, bento lunches and more. Vendors may call 637-4382.
* MILILANI MUSIC Michael Cheape performs from 7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 18 at Mililani Town Center. Call 625-0108.
* OHANA Waimea Valley sponsors La Ohana (family day) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 19, with half-price admission for kamaaina and military. Planned are a scavenger hunt, stories, hula, lei making, petroglyph rubs, cultural demonstrations and makahiki games. Call 638-7766.
* BOATING SAFETY U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary conducts a 10-hour Boating Safety course Oct. 21-Nov. 3, meeting at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays at Leilehua High Room 18. Fee is $45. Another course is planned for Nov. 18-Dec. 2. Call 778-5738.
* READERS Waialua Library’s Readers Group meets at 9:30 a.m. Oct. 23 to discuss Neil Gaiman’s story, The Graveyard Book. Call 637-8286.