Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central Oahu items to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 3 for the Sept. 10 edition.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has a donor drive from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 25 at Waialua Intermediate and High library, and 7 a.m.-noon Sept. 6 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
* FILM NIGHT Wahiawa Library screens the 1936 re-release of Wizard of Oz at 5 p.m. Aug. 26. Call 622-6345.
* NEIGHBORS North Shore Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Aug. 26 in Waialua Elementary cafeteria, and Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 27 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* READERS Waialua Library’s readers group meets at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 28 to share favorite poems. Call 637-8286.
* ZUMBA Mililani Town Center has a free Zumba demonstration at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 29 at the gazebo. Call 625-0108.
* HARDWARE City Mill’s Mililani store demonstrates Never Wet concrete coating from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 30. Call 623-3100.
* WAIALUA MUSIC Summer Kealoha plays jazz, blues, funk, Hawaiian and more from 7 to 10 p.m. Aug. 30 at Jerry’s Pizza in Waialua. Call 637-8866.
* POLO Hawaii Polo Club’s 2014 season finale features India vs Hawaii Aug. 31. Gates open at 11 a.m. at Mokuleia field, and action starts at 2 p.m. Admission is $10, or $25 for clubhouse seats. Call 226-0061.
* PARKINSON’S A Parkinson’s support group meets at 1 p.m. Sept. 6 in Waialua United Church of Christ, 67-174 Farrington Hwy. Call 282-9864.
* 5K SWIMAqua Sphere presents the inaugural North Shore 5K Swim & Relay at 8 a.m. Sept. 6, from Sunset Beach to Waimea Bay as part of the North Shore Swim Series. A shuttle bus runs from Waimea Bay starting at 6:45 a.m. For details and to register, visit northshore5kswim.com.
* BANDSTANDWaialua Bandstand presents Na Wahine o ka Hula Mai ka Pu’uwai at 4 p.m. Sept. 7. Call 637-9721.
* BOATING SAFETY U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary has a second Boating Safety class at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 9-23, for experienced recreational boaters at Wahiawa Community School in order to meet new certification requirements. The class is free but training materials cost $45. Others are welcome to sit in. Register by Sept. 8 at 778-5738.
* CAREGIVERS Central Oahu Caregivers host a support group at 7 p.m. Sept. 11 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Call 623-6707.
* WAIALUA WRITERS Waialua Library’s writers group meets at 11 a.m. Sept. 13 to address “Connections” and “Write Something Humorous.” Call 637-8286.
* GARDENERS Mililani Garden Club meets at 9:30 a.m. Sept. 18 at Mililani Mauka Rec Center 6 for a program, demonstration or excursion. The public is welcome. Call 637-0488.
* LEADERSHIP Express Employment Professionals presents a leadership seminar with Jack Smalley on how to motivate and retain key talent from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sept. 18 at Hawaii Okinawa Center. For fees and details, call 525-5225.
* OHANA Waimea Valley sponsors La Ohana (family day) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 21, with half-price admission for kamaaina and military families. The day includes a scavenger hunt, stories, hula, lei making, petroglyph rubs, cultural demonstrations and makahiki games. Call 638-7766.
* WAIALUA STORIES Waialua Library hosts a children’s storytime at 10 a.m. each Saturday. Call 637-8286.
* ELDERS CLASSES Anuenue Hale Wellness Center at Helemano Plantation offers a variety of free weekday classes and activities for seniors, injured war veterans and those with disabilities. Call Yvonne at 622-3929.