Central Oahu Highlights
Email event items to email@example.com or fax them to 585-6324. The next edition is June 26, and the deadline is June 19.
• HOLIDAY Public libraries are closed June 11 in observance of Kameha- meha Day.
• BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives at Mililani Town Center (near Tesoro) from 7 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. June 11 and 15, and 8 a.m.-12:15 p.m. June 22 at Haleiwa Town Center. Call 848- 4770.
• CAREGIVERS Central Oahu Caregivers host a support group at 7 p.m. June 13 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Everyone is welcome. Call 623-6707.
• OLDIES BEAT Dot’s Friday Night Live presents Audissey from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. June 14 in Wahiawa, with dance music from the ’50s to ’80s. Cover charge is $5. Call 622-4115.
• GOLF DAY Mililani Golf Club hosts a Family Day from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 15 with activities, food, live music, a putting challenge, golf clinics and vendors. Call 623-2222.
• FISHPOND HELP Loko Ea Fishpond, owned by Kamehameha Schools, welcomes volunteers from 8:30 a.m. to noon June 15 to help restore the site, located between Jameson’s and Haleiwa Beach Park Mauka. Call 637-3232.
• BOOK SALE The Friends of Wahiawa Library have their summer book sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 15 in “bag your own books’ style (small bags $5, medium $10 and large $15). Puzzles, DVDs and CDs also are available. A presale event for school librarians and library members is set for 2 to 4 p.m. June 14. Call 621-2094.
• BOOK SALE The Friends of Waialua Library have their monthly book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m June 15 at the library. Call 637-8286.
• AUGIE BRUNCH Augie T.’s Father’s Day Brunch at 10 a.m. June 16 at Dot’s in Wahiawa also features Mel Cabang, host Lil Guy and music by Mike Tulba. Cost for the prime rib brunch is $42 for adults and $25 for ages 3-10; buy at Dot’s or call 479-0576.
• POLO Hawaii Polo Club hosts competition for the Al Lopaka Trophy June 16 between the Wealth Strategy Partners and Bacardi teams at Mokuleia field. June 23 is New Zealand vs. Hawaii. Admission is $25, $10 or $8, with children 12 and under admitted free. Gates open at 11 a.m. each Sunday and matches begin at 2. Call 226-0061.
• KANIKAPILA Waimea Valley sponsors its monthly Kanikapila from 1 to 4 p.m. June 16 in the pavilion, featuring the Obrigo Ohana. All musicians are welcome. Call 638-7766.
• NEIGHBORS Wahiawa-Whitmore Village Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. June 17 at Wahiawa District Park, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 p.m. June 18 at Mililani Mauka Elementary, North Shore meets at 7 p.m. June 25 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria, and Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. June 26 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
• ARTIS BAND The Ron Artis Family Band performs from 4 to 6 p.m. June 21 at Mililani Town Center. Call 625-0108.
• BON DANCE Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission has its bon dance at 7 p.m. June 21-22 at 1067 California Ave., with service at 6 p.m. June 21. Call 622-4320.
• SUGAR TALK North Shore Chamber of Commerce presents the history of Waialua Sugar Co. at 6 p.m. June 22 at Historic Haleiwa Gym. Sponsored by Carol Holmes Case of the Halstead family, it features music, exhibits, book sales, artifacts, photos, refreshments, talks and a dramatization from the plantation era. Admission is $10 in advance or $12 at the door. Call 637-4558.
• MUSUBI MAN Honolulu Theatre for Youth performs Musubi Man, adapted by Lee Cataluna from Gingerbread Man, at 10 a.m. June 22 at Waialua Library (637-8286).
• SWIM RACE The 2013 North Shore Swim Series starts with the June 22 Aloha Salads Summer Sprint from Sunset Beach to Ehukai Beach Park. Call 551-3298.
• CONCERTS Waimea Valley presents its Generations Summer Concert Series from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., starting with Pua- mana, Pomaikai Lyman, Led Kaapana and Jeff Rasmussen and Sistah Robi (The Foundation) June 22. Tickets are $20 and $10 at the gate. For advance prices, call 638-7766.
• MOON WALK Waimea Valley presents its monthly Moon Walk at 7:30 p.m. June 23, July 22 and Aug. 20, from the ticket booth to the waterfall and back. Fee is $10 per person. Call 638-7766.
• PINEAPPLE FEST New date for the 2013 Wahiawa Pineapple Festival is Aug. l7, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Wahiawa District Park. Food vendors call 621-6758, product vendors call 637-5337, organizations call 694-0103. The parade starts at 9 a.m. at Kaala Elementary and moves up California Avenue to the park.
• KEIKI MOVIES Mililani Town Center screens family films for $1 admission at 10 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday in June and July at its Consolidated Theaters. Call 625-0108.
• LAUGHS Augie & Lanai’s Comedy Shack is in the house from 6:30 to 9 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month at Dot’s in Wahiawa. Showtime is 8 p.m., and admission is $12. Call 479-0576.
• ZUMBA Debbie Rosario leads an ongoing Zumba class at 6:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Mililani Waena Elementary. Fee is $5 per class or $45 per month. Call 780-5640.
• NIGHT TALES Wahiawa Library has a Thursday night Storytime at 6 p.m. for keiki ages 3 to 5 throughout the summer with Mr. Matt, sharing stories and family activities. Parents must accompany their keiki. Call 622-6345.
• LIVE MUSIC Kemoo Farms has live music from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. every Friday and Saturday at The Pub and Lakeside Lanai for ages 21 and older. Cover is $5. Call 621- 1835.
• WAIMEA HOURS Waimea Valley’s summer hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (one hour later) now through Aug. 31. Call 638-7766.
• LANGUAGES Language Wonderland has Saturday morning classes for keiki age 12 and younger in Japanese and Mandarin Chinese. Coming soon are French, Spanish and Russian. Fee is $165 for 10 classes. Call 1-760- 477-3310.
• JAZZERCISE Kate Moore has low-impact, one-hour Jazzercise classes at 6 and 7 p.m. Mondays at Mililani District Park; beginners welcome, and Jazzercise at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.
• KEIKI COUNCIL The Central District North Community Children’s Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday in Mililani High C101. Parents of keiki with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
• COMPUTERS Free tutoring on computer basics is available at Wahiawa Library for seniors or any- one seeking help with their personal computer. To arrange a session during library hours, call Clark at 622-2784 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NORTH MARKET The North Shore Country Market runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Sunset Beach Elementary School, selling Hawaii-made items exclusively.
Vendors are welcome. Call 673-3296.
• WAIALUA CO-OP The Waialua Farmers Co- op Market sells local pro- duce, plants and more from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Waialua Sugar Mill. Call 637-4439.
• WAHIAWA MAR- KET A farmers market is open from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at Wahiawa Hongwanji,1067California Ave. Visit wahiawacdbo.org.
• HALEIWA MAR- KET Haleiwa Farmers
Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. each Thursday in the Pikake Pavilion and main lawn at Waimea Valley. Call 388-9696.
• MILILANI MAR- KET Mililani High School has a Farmers Market from 8 to 11 a.m. Sundays by the gym. Call 848-2074.
• CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at Wahiawa District Park and from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Mililani District Park (522-7088).