Central Oahu Highlights
Send items on Central Oahu activities to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 585-6324. The next edition is Feb. 27 and the deadline is Feb. 20.
* ROMANTIC FOOD Waimea Valley and the Haleiwa Farmers Market combine on Feb. 14 to offer “A Very Valley Valentine” with wedding vow renewal at 5:30 p.m. on the park’s main lawn, followed by a Valentine’s Day intimate, sit-down dinner by vendor chefs. Cost is $172 per couple. Call 388-9696 for reservations.
* FOOTBALL Mililani Football Association seeks a volunteer head coach for the Mitey Mites division of Pop Warner Football for a season starting Aug. 1. Call Tony at 756-3334 by Feb. 15.
* CANDIDATES Area residents must register by Feb. 15 (postmark) to run in the next Neighborhood Board elections, which will take place by mail April 24-May17 for a term starting July 1. All those who are at least 18 by the deadline are eligible to run. Call 768-3717 to obtain a registration form.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Feb. 15 at Mililani High School, 7 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Feb. 18 at Mililani Town Center, and 7:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Feb. 28 at Waialua Intermediate & High School. Call 848-4770.
* BOOK SALE Friends of Waialua Library have their monthly book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 16 at the library. Call 637-8286.
* KANIKAPILA Waimea Valley presents its free monthly Kanikapila from 1 to 4 p.m. Feb. 17 and March 17 in the pavilion area featuring the Abrigo family. Bring your own instrument, or just come and enjoy the music. A luau also is served at the park from noon to 3 p.m. for $25 and $15 per person, with reservations recommended. (Special park admission those days is $5 and $2.50 with kamaaina ID.) Call 638-7766.
* NEIGHBORS The Mililani-Launani Valley Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 19 at Mililani Mauka Elementary, the Wahiawa-Whitmore Village board meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 25 at Wahiawa District Park, North Shore meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 26 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria and Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* TV PRODUCTION ‘Olelo’s Kahuku Television Production class starts Feb. 20 in Room Z-3 at Kahuku High, meeting from 6 to 9 p.m. on eight weeknights through March 7. Fee is $150. Call Don Sand at 428-1572.
* ARMY MUSIC The Lt. Dan Band entertains the troops at 7 p.m. Feb. 23 on Weyland Field at Schofield Barracks. Food will be available but bring blankets and lawn chairs. Call 655-0115.
* ART WALK The monthly Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. Feb. 23 in Haleiwa town, featuring sales, activities and events hosted by dozens of merchants. Call 637-4558.
* MOON WALK Waimea Valley presents its monthly Moon Walk at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 22 and March 22. Fee is $5 per person. Call 638-7766.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Feb. 23 and March 9 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* PUPUKEA HIKE The Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 9-mile intermediate hike to the summit of Pupukea at 7:30 a.m. Feb. 24. Visit htmclub.org.
* BANDSTAND Waialua Bandstand hosts entertainment by the Bluegrass Barnstormers at 4 p.m. March 3, sponsored by Skydive Hawaii at Dillingham Airfield. Call 637-9721.
* LIFEGUARDS The Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center conducts a lifeguard training course March 8, 15, 17 and 24 at Central Oahu Regional Park in Waipio. It’s a blended learning course that has online/hands-on skills. Call aquatic director Ruthie Heuton at 677-8510.
* HUNGRY LIONS Mililani Lions Club plans its annual benefit breakfast from 6 to 11 a.m. March 10 at Mililani High School cafeteria, and the Wahiawa Lions have their breakfast April 21. Email email@example.com (Mililani) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Wahiawa).
* SOFTBALL The Hiki No Softball Club has openings for girls born in 2002 or 2003 to play in the ASA Fastpitch Softball season, which starts March 2. The Mililani-based team plays islandwide. Call Tim Dumlao at 221-5226 or email email@example.com.
* STRIDERS The Leeward Stroller Strides group meets at 8:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Central Oahu Regional Park, offering a fitness walk for moms with tots in strollers. Monthly fee is $60. A Schofield Barracks group meets at 8:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Call 398-6275.
* LIBRARY STORIES Mililani Library offers a preschool storytime at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesdays through March 5, for ages 2 to 5, featuring finger plays, songs, crafts and stories (627-7470); Waialua Library has stories at 10 a.m. Saturdays (637-8286).
* JAZZERCISE Kate Moore leads low-impact, one-hour Jazzercise classes at 6 and 7 p.m. Mondays at Mililani District Park, and beginners are welcome. She also leads Jazzercise at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.
* KEIKI COUNCIL The Central District North Community Children’s Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month in Mililani High School Room C101. All parents of children with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
* COMPUTERS A free tutoring service is available on computer basics at Wahiawa Library for seniors or anyone seeking help on using their personal computer. To arrange a convenient time during library hours, call Clark at 622-2784 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* CONSERVATION The Oahu Army Natural Resource Program welcomes volunteers for its service trips and environmental outreach projects in the Waianae and Koolau mountains to control invasive weeds and more. Call Kim or Celeste at 656-7741.
* WAIALUA WRITERS The Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month at the library. Call 637-8286.
* BALLET Weinberg Community Center has ballet classes for children (ages 4 to 18) at 67-174 Farrington Hwy. in Waialua. Call Kristin Rivers at 623-9062 or email her at email@example.com.
* SUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts SUP Yoga (yoga on a stand up paddle board) at 9:30 a.m. Sundays at Anahulu Stream in Haleiwa for $10 per lesson (bring your own board). Other training also is available. Call Aloha SUP Yoga at 627-9444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* NORTH MARKET The North Shore Country Market runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Sunset Beach Elementary School, selling Hawaii-made items exclusively. Vendors are welcome. Call 673-3296.
* WAIALUA CO-OP The Waialua Farmers Coop Market sells local produce, plants and more from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Waialua Sugar Mill. Call 637-4439.
* WAHIAWA MARKET A farmers market is open from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. each Thursday in the Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission parking lot at 1067 California Ave. Visit wahiawacdbo.org.
* HALEIWA MARKET Haleiwa Farmers Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. each Thursday in the Pikake Pavilion and main lawn at Waimea Valley. Call 388-9696.
* WAIPIO MARKET Kaiser Waipio Clinic hosts a “fresh day” market of healthy food and produce from 9 a.m. to noon each Wednesday at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2270.
* MILILANI MARKET Mililani High School hosts a Farmers Market from 8 to 11 a.m. Sundays in the gym parking lot. Call 848-2074.
* CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce on Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at Wahiawa District Park and from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Mililani District Park. Call 522-7088.
* AIKIDO Mililani Aikido Club practices Tuesday and Thursday nights at Mililani District Park gym. Call 623-8937.
* KAHUKU MUSIC Hang Ten at Turtle Bay Resort has live music from 5 to 8 p.m. several week-nights and weekend dates each month. Call 779-5546.
* GROUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts group yoga classes at 7 p.m. Tuesdays in Mililani Rec Center 6 for MTA members ($10) and guests ($11). Call 627-9444 or email email@example.com.
* YOGA North Shore Yoga Co-op has yoga classes for all ages at the Weinberg Community Center in Waialua. Donations are appreciated. Call 561-9639 or go to northshoreyoga.org.
* AEROBIC DANCE Malia Delapenia offers the aerobic dance class, Shimmy Fitness, at 7:15 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Rec Center I for MTA members and the public. Call 234-1006.
* PADDLE FITNESS Rainbow Watersports offers Stand Up Paddle Fitness classes Saturdays at Haleiwa Bay. Call 372-9304.
* HULA Kumu hula Ali’i Manu conducts non-competitive hula classes (auana, kahiko and the aloha spirit) for the community at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary School. Men and women ages 15 and up are welcome. Call 478-2400.
* ESCRIMA Patrick Delos Santos offers Kali Escrima classes in Filipino self-defense (stick fighting) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mililani Waena Elementary School. Fee is $50 per month. Call 398-0119.
* ORCHIDS The Kunia Orchid Society meets on the first Tuesday of every month from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Mililani District Park. All orchid enthusiasts are welcome. Call 221-8269.