Central Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of what’s happening in Central Oahu. Fax items by Nov. 28 to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition is Dec. 5.
* DOG CARE Veterinarian Jamie Wicklund Furutani, DVM and owner of Mililani Mauka Veterinary Clinic, discusses “Health and Care for Your Pet Dog” at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 19 at Mililani Library. The free program offers a live demonstration and question-and-answer time. Call 627-7470.
* NEIGHBORS Wahiawa-Whitmore Village Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 at Wahiawa District Park, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 p.m. Nov. 20 at Mililani Mauka Elementary, North Shore meets at 7 p.m. Nov. 27 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria, and MililaniWaipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 28 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* OSHIRO FORUM State Rep. Marcus Oshiro conducts a Pre-Session Legislative Forum from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 20 in Wahiawa District Park’s Hale Koa Room, featuring guest speakers Keith Kamita (on synthetic drugs) and Colin Kippen (on homeless issues). Call 586-6200.
* STORYTIME Mililani Library hosts Preschool Storytime at 10:30 a.m Nov. 20, 27, Dec. 4, 11 and 18, with sings, finger plays and stories for young keiki. Call 627-7470.
* WAHIAWA MUSIC Kemoo Farms’ The Pub presents the Doolin Rakes Nov. 23, Insane Haven Nov. 24, GTA Nov. 30 and Country Stone Dec. 1; Lakeside Lanai has Jamaka Nov. 23 and Freesound Nov. 30. For details, visit kemoopub.com.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives Nov. 23 from 7 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at Mililani Town Center and 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at Wahiawa General Hospital; and 8 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Nov. 24 at Alii Beach Medical Group (66-214 Haleiwa Road). Call 848-4770.
* TENNIS The Lana Hudson Fund doubles tennis tournament runs from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 24 on the Central Oahu Regional Park courts. The late Lana Anela Soares Hudson was an avid tennis player and strong supporter of autism awareness on behalf of her granddaughter. Call 358-7061.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Nov. 24 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* ART WALK The monthly Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. Nov. 24 in Haleiwa town, featuring sales, activities and events hosted by dozens of merchants. Call 637-4558.
* WINTER FAIR Hawaii Okinawa Center’s Winter Craft Fair runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 24 and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 25 at 94-587 Ukee St. with more than 160 craft booths, food, entertainment, a silent auction and Santa. Donations to Hawaii Foodbank are welcome. Call 676-5400.
* PUPUKEA HIKE The Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 6-mile intermediate hike to Pupukea ridge, carpooling at 8:30 a.m. Nov. 25 from Sunset Beach Elementary School. Go to htmclub.org.
* DIVING NIGHT Deep Ecology Diving Center hosts a Pro Night at 6 p.m. Nov. 29 at 66-456 Kamehameha Hwy. in Haleiwa. The special briefing includes food and a raffle. Call 637-7946.
* WYLAND SHOW Wyland Gallery in Haleiwa plans a showcase of the artist’s work, a live art demonstration and book signings from 6 to 10 p.m. Nov. 30 at North Shore Marketplace. Call 637-8729.
* MOON WALK Waimea Valley presents its monthly Moon Walks at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 30 and Dec. 28. Fee is $5. Call 638-7766.
* MTA FAIR Mililani Town Association has its Holiday Craft and Gift Fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 1 in Rec Center 5, including food, clothing, fun and 87 vendors. Call 623-7300.
* MISSION FAIR Wahiawa Ryusenji Soto Mission has its 24th annual Fujinkai Craft Fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 1 at 164 California Ave. Call 622-1429.
* MILILANI MARCH The Mililani Christmas Parade runs from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Dec. 1, starting at Mililani Shopping Center and ending at Mililani Town Center, where Christmas performances, games, food, prizes and Santa visits are planned until 4 p.m. Call 625-0108.
* SNOW Mililani Shopping Center sponsors a free winter wonderland of snow play from 9 a.m. to noon Dec. 1 after the parade with six tons of real snow for keiki enjoy, plus choirs, prizes, crafts and Santa. Call 753-7507.
* TRANSFORMATION Surfing the Nations sponsors “Celebrate Transformation” (about Wahiawa town) from 7 to 10 p.m. Dec. 1 with pupus, live entertainment, Christmas shopping and music at 55 S. Kamehameha Hwy. to benefit STN’s proposed community outreach and training center. Tickets cost $50 per person, up to $5,000 per premium sponsor tables. Call 622-6234.
* BANDSTAND SHOW Waialua Bandstand features a free concert by the Okame Daiko Taiko Drummers at 4 p.m. Dec. 2, courtesy of North Shore Soap Factory. Call 637-9721.
* TOY DRIVE Hawaii Polo Club and North Shore News sponsor an Operation Toy Box drive linked to a benefit polo match at 2 p.m. Dec. 2 at Mokuleia Polo Field. Admission is $10, and a portion of proceeds go to Operation Toy Box for homeless and needy children. Guests are invited to bring a new, unwrapped toy (and get half-price on admission). Call 226-0061.
* POLYNESIA Polynesian Cultural Center runs “Christmas in Polynesia” canoe rides Dec. 2-21 on the lagoon with lights, decorations and musical performances throughout the park. Call 293-3333.
* WREATH CLASS Melody Fanning leads a class in succulent wreath-making at 10 a.m. Dec. 4 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Fee is $20. Bring gardening gloves and clippers. Call 522-7064.
* NATIVE GRANTS The Office of Hawaiian Affairs and the state DOE sponsor a scholarship workshop for Native Hawaiians at 6 p.m. Dec. 4 in the Kahuku High School cafeteria. Call 956-9437.
* WAHIAWA MARCH Wahiawa Community and Business Association sponsors its Wahiawa Town Christmas Parade at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 7, from Kaala Elementary to North Cane and Center streets. Call 621-7097.
* WAHIAWA TEA Wahiawa United Methodist Church hosts a Tea Cafe at 6 p.m. Dec. 8 (dinner) and 11:30 a.m. Dec. 9 (lunch) at 1445 California Ave.
Admission is $17 and proceeds support Susannah Wesley Community Center and other missions. Call 622-4361 by Dec. 4 for reservations.
* COMPUTERS A free tutoring service is available on computer basics at Wahiawa Library for seniors and others seeking help on using their personal computers. To arrange a time during library hours, call Clark at 622-2784.
* FIT MOMS Stroller-strides offers a fitness program for mothers who can get in shape, accompanied by their young children. Classes are 8:45-10 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park. Call 258-0402 or go to strollerstrides.com.
* CONSERVATION The Oahu Army Natural Resource Program welcomes volunteers for its service trips and environmental out-reach projects in the Waianae and Koolau mountains to control invasive weeds and more. Call Kim or Celeste at 656-7741.
* WAIALUA WRITERS The Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month at the library. Call 637-8286.
* BALLET Weinberg Community Center has ballet classes for ages 4 to 18 at 67-174 Farrington Hwy. in Waialua. Call Kristin Rivers at 623-9062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.