Blue Angels To Soar At Marines’ Air Show
BY CAITLIN BASILIO
The Kaneohe Bay Air Show Sept. 29-30 marks the Marine Aviation Centennial with the Blue Angels, maneuvers by the BO-105 helicopter, a 1946 Aeronca Champ, F/A-18 Hornets and more — and area residents are invited to prepare early for the best experience on the ground.
The air show is free and open to the public at Kaneohe Marine base, where ground activities will include a flash-fire jet truck race, Xtreme Fun children’s rides, Taste of Oahu food booths, military static displays, aircraft and more.
Gates open daily at 9a.m. for the air show, and visitors are encouraged to carpool and arrive early.
Sponsorships are available until Aug. 31 on a first-come, first-served basis.
To receive a space or for more information about sponsorship and show advertising opportunities, call Marine Corps Community Services’ Todd Yorimoto at 253-8670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket sales (through Sept. 10) allow for the following upgrades:
• The Flight Deck Chalet (with unobstructed VIP runway seating under a shaded, tented area) costs $44 for adults and $28 for children (ages 5 to 12), with unlimited bottled water, safety ear plugs and an official air show souvenir program. Tickets at the door cost $55 and $35.
• Box Seats are closest to the action with reserved seating and room for larger groups. Tickets cost $17 for adults and $13 for children now, or $20 and $16 at the door.
• Grandstand Seats afford an elevated view from the bleachers. Tickets cost $12 and $9, or $15 and $12 at the door.
• Top Brass Chalet includes breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon snack, unlimited domestic beer, wine, soft drinks and bottled water; unobstructed VIP seating, preferred parking, etc. for $80 and $55, or $90 and $65 at the door.
• Devil Dog Chalet includes VIP view and seating, picnic buffet bar- becue lunch, afternoon snack, unlimited non-alcoholic beverages, etc. Tickets cost $60 and $45, or $70 and $50 at the door.
For details, visit kaneohebayairshow.com, all military ticket outlets, or call 254-0907; also Tickets & Tours at 254-7563 or 477- 5143.