West Oahu Highlights
Send West Oahu items by fax to 585-6324 or email email@example.com by May 1 to be considered for the May 8 edition.
* COMEDY FILM Left Behind Productions’ Da Movie runs now through May 3 at Pearlridge 16 theaters, directed by Gerard Elmore and starring Na Alii of Comedy – Frank De Lima, Mel Cabang, Andy Bumatai, Ed Kaahea and Augie T. Tickets cost $6 to $10.50, depending on show-times and dates during that week. Call 483-5339.
* ORGANIZED Simply Organized offers a free workshop with Lasar McCabe on “Kitchen Blitz” at 1 p.m. and a FreedomRail workshop at 3 p.m. May 4, both at its Kapolei store on Kamokila Boulevard. Call 693-8888.
* BONSAI Pearl City Bonsai Club sponsors its annual show and plant fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 4 at Pearl Ridge Elementary, featuring a display of suiseki (Japanese viewing stones). Call 224-9289.
* WAIMANO HIKE The Sierra Club hikes the Waimano-Manana connector trail at 8 a.m. May 4. Call 538-6616.
* GABBARD HOUR State Sen. Mike Gabbard hosts a “listen story” hour with residents at 9 a.m. May 4 at the Kapolei Starbucks. Call 586-6830.
* CHORAL CONCERT LCC’s Kanikapila singers and its choral program join area school choirs for a Spring Choral Concert at 7 p.m. May 4 in LCC Theatre. Tickets cost $5 at the door. Call 455-0386.
* ROLLER DERBY The West Oahu-based Aloha City Rollers League presents Sneaky Tikis vs. Dash Dolls at 4 p.m. May 4 at Kaomaaiku Neighborhood Park inline hockey rink, 95-1000 Makaunulau St. in Mililani. Call 454-3847.
* FUKUSHIMA FATE Dean Otsuki discusses how Japan and the world are affected by radiation from Japan’s disabled nuclear power plant at 2 p.m. May 5 a Pearl City Library. Call 453-6566.
* SANTACRUZAN FilCom Center hosts a Santa-cruzan (commemorative, flower-decked procession of beautifully dressed young ladies and their escorts) from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 5 with music, entertainment and food. Call 680-0451.
* CYCLING TIPS Hawaii Bicycling League leads a Commuter Cycling 101 class from 1 to 3 p.m. May 11 at LCC’s Learning Commons. Call 735-5756 or visit hbl.org.