West Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of what’ s happening in West Oahu. Email items to email@example.com one week ahead of the Wednesday publication date.
• ROTARY TALK Florence Nakakuni, Hawaii’s U.S. Attorney, is guest speaker at Kapolei Rotary Club’s 7:30 a.m. breakfast meeting Aug. 30 in the Kapolei High faculty lounge. Call 722-1489 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 30 at Kapolei High School Room J-207, 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sept. 1 at Pearlridge Downtown in the Sears parking lot, 6:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Sept. 2 at Waikele Center, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m Sept. 5 at Ihilani Resort’s Ocean Ballroom and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 8 at St. Joseph’s Church in Waipahu. Call 848-4770.
• KUNIA MUSIC 3rd Cup Cafe & Venue presents Tony Kato and Ken Leong jazz music at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 31 on the second floor of the Times building in Royal Kunia. Call 888- 6087.
• BLUEGRASS The Saloon Pilots play bluegrass music from 8:30 to 11 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Waipio Big City Diner, with no cover charge. Call 678-8868.
• KUNIA MARKET Kunia Shopping Center hosts a Mahiku Farmers Market from 3 to 7 p.m. Aug. 31 and Sept. 7, 14 and 21 with produce, food products, crafts and merchant discounts — on the second level behind Denny’s. Call 753-7507.
• LIBRARIES CLOSED All public libraries are closed Sept. 1 to 3 in observance of Labor Day. The Aiea branch will be open Aug. 31.
• SCREENINGS Pali Momi’s “Health Monday” offers free screenings of blood pressure and blood- sugar levels from 7:45 to 9:30 a.m. Sept. 3 and 17 at Pearlridge Center Uptown, second level by Ecko Unlimited. Call 488-0981.
• PARENTING The Parent Project has a series of classes (6 to 8:30 p.m.) from Sept. 4 to Nov. 6 at the Salvation Army KROC Center in Kapolei. Fee is $25. Call 256-5933.
• SENIOR CARE Kaiser Permanente’s social work staff leads a seminar on senior care options at 9 a.m. Sept. 5 at Leeward YMCA. Call 671-6495.
• BUSINESS HELP U.S. Small Business Administration staff offers a resource day for small-business own- ers from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 6 at the Kapolei Amer- ican Savings Bank. Call 541-2990, ext. 211.
• GET READY The second annual Ewa Beach Emergency Preparedness Fair runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 8 at Ewa Makai Middle School with hands- on training, disaster experts and keiki activities. Call 682-0111 or email getreadye- email@example.com.
• AUGIE SHOW Augie’s Comedy Crusade is booked from7to9p.m.Sept.15at Pearl City Cultural Center featuring Augie T and Andy Bumatai, with music by One Night Stand. Proceeds support the Pearl City High School band. Admission is $10. Call Jeff at 927-0660.