Central Oahu Highlights
Send Central Oahu event items by email to email@example.com or fax to 585-6324. The next edition is Jan. 16 and the deadline is Jan. 9.
* STORYTIME Mililani Library hosts Preschool Storytime at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 18, with songs, finger plays and stories for young children. Call 627-7470.
* SANTA TIME Mililani Town Center presents Just Us 2 and Santa Claus from 4 to 7 p.m. Dec. 18, with music, visiting and photos. Call 625-0108. (For other Santa photo times and fees, call 387-4477.)
* POLYNESIA Polynesian Cultural Center offers a “Christmas in Polynesia” canoe ride now through Dec. 22 on the lagoon with lights, decorations and musical performances throughout the park. Call 293-3333.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Dec. 22 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Dec. 24 at Mililani Town Center and 7:30 to 11:45 a.m. Dec. 29 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Call 848-4770.
* MOON WALK Waimea Valley presents its monthly Moon Walk at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 28. Fee is $5. Call 638-7766.
* ART WALK The monthly Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 29 in Haleiwa town, featuring sales, activities and events hosted by dozens of merchants. Call 637-4558.
* MOKULEIA HIKE The Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 9-mile intermediate hike in Mokuleia at 8 a.m. Dec. 30. Go to htmclub.org.
* TAX PREP CLASS Hawaii Tax Help offers accelerated volunteer taxpreparer training from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 12, and from 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 19 at Leeward Community College. Learn it yourself, then help someone else. To sign up, call 381-0881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* BANDSTAND Waialua Bandstand presents the Royal Hawaiian Band performing a free, one-hour concert at 4 p.m. Jan. 6. Call 637-9721.
* JAZZERCISE Kate Moore leads Jazzercise classes from 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 9 and 2 to 5 p.m. Jan. 10 and 11 at Mililani District Park. Classes also are offered at 6 p.m. Monday nights in the park pavilion. Spring session begins Jan. 28, and fee is $20 for 10 classes. Call 621-2482.
* MAKAHIKI Turtle Bay Resort sponsors its second Makahiki Kuilima from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 12 with traditional sporting events and cultural performances, hula, Hawaiian food, crafting techniques and exhibits. Call 535-0900. ext. 104, or email email@example.com m.
* COLLEGE GOAL Mililani High School hosts a College Goal Sunday at 1 p.m. Jan. 13 in the cafeteria to assist students and parents in completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form. Bring your 2012 IRS tax returns, if possible, or W-2 forms and other income details. Call Frank Green at 591-2708.
* NEIGHBORS Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley Neighborhood Board is on recess in December and next meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 15 at Mililani Mauka Elementary School. Call 768-3710.
* GRIEF SHARE A GriefShare Bereavement Group meets at 9 a.m. Jan. 15 at Wahiawa United Methodist Church, the first of a free 13-week course with workbook. Call 232-3992 or 622-4361.
* COMPUTERS A free tutoring service is available on computer basics at Wahiawa Library for seniors or anyone seeking help on using their personal computer. To arrange a convenient time during library hours, call Clark at 622-2784 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* FIT MOMS Stroller-strides offers a fitness program for mothers who can get in shape, accompanied by their young children. Classes are 8:45-10 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park. Call 258-0402 or go to strollerstrides.com.
* CONSERVATION The Oahu Army Natural Resource Program welcomes volunteers for its service trips and environmental out-reach projects in the Waianae and Koolau mountains to control invasive weeds and more. Call Kim or Celeste at 656-7741.
* WAIALUA WRITERS The Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month. Call 637-8286.
* BALLET Weinberg Community Center has ballet classes for children (ages 4 to 18) at 67-174 Farrington Hwy. in Waialua. Call Kristin Rivers at 623-9062 or email email@example.com.
* SUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts SUP Yoga (yoga on a stand up paddle board) at 9:30 a.m. Sundays at Anahulu Stream in Haleiwa for $10 per lesson (bring your own board). Other training also is available. Call Aloha SUP Yoga at 627-9444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* NORTH MARKET The North Shore Country Market runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Sunset Beach Elementary School, selling Hawaii-made items exclusively. Vendors are welcome. Call 673-3296.
* WAIALUA CO-OP The Waialua Farmers Coop Market sells local produce, plants and more from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Waialua Sugar Mill. Call 637-4439.
* WAHIAWA MARKET A farmers market is open from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. each Thursday in the Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission parking lot at 1067 California Ave. Visit wahiawacdbo.org.
* HALEIWA MARKET Haleiwa Farmers Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. each Thursday in the Pikake Pavilion and main lawn at Waimea Valley. Call 388-9696.
* WAIPIO MARKET Kaiser Waipio Clinic hosts a “fresh day” market of healthy food and produce from 9 a.m. to noon each Wednesday at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2270.
* MILILANI MARKET Mililani High School hosts a Farmers Market from 8 to 11 a.m. Sundays in the gym parking lot. Call 848-2074.
* CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce on Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at Wahiawa District Park and from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Mililani District Park. Call 522-7088.
* AIKIDO Mililani Aikido Club practices Tuesday and Thursday nights at Mililani District Park gym. Call 623-8937.
* KAHUKU MUSIC Hang Ten at Turtle Bay Resort has live music from 5 to 8 p.m. several week-nights and weekend dates each month. Call 779-5546.
* GROUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts group yoga classes at 7 p.m. Tuesdays in Mililani Rec Center 6 for MTA members ($10) and guests ($11). Call 627-9444 or email email@example.com.
* YOGA North Shore Yoga Co-op has yoga classes for all ages at the Weinberg Community Center in Waialua. Donations are appreciated. Call 561-9639 or go to northshoreyoga.org.
* AEROBIC DANCE Malia Delapenia offers the aerobic dance class, Shimmy Fitness at 7:15 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Rec Center I for MTA members and the public. Call 234-1006.
* PADDLE FITNESS Rainbow Watersports offers Stand Up Paddle Fitness classes Saturdays at Haleiwa Bay. Call 372-9304.
* HULA Kumu hula Ali’i Manu conducts non-competitive hula classes (auana, kahiko and the aloha spirit) for the community at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary School. Men and women ages 15 and up are welcome. Call 478-2400.
* ESCRIMA Patrick Delos Santos offers Kali Escrima classes in Filipino self-defense (stick fighting) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mililani Waena Elementary School. Fee is $50 per month. Call 398-0119.
* KEIKI COUNCIL The Central District North Community Children’s Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month in Mililani High School Room C101. All parents of children with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
* STAR PARTY Hawaiian Astronomical Society brings its telescopes and know-how to Dillingham Airfield from 6 p.m. to midnight for monthly star-gazing parties. The public is welcome but there are restrictions. For updates on the schedule, visit hawastsoc.org.