Central Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of Central Oahu events. Fax items by Aug. 8 to 585-6324 or email email@example.com for the Aug. 1 edition.
* MOVIE NIGHTS Wahiawa Library screens free films Chariots of Fire at 5:30 p.m. July 24, Cool Runnings July 26 and One for the Money July 31. Call 622-6345.
* NEIGHBORS North Shore Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. July 24 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria, and Mililani-WaipioMelemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. July 25 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* SURF FILM Clive Neeson screens his film Last Paradise on the history of New Zealand surfing at 7 p.m. July 25 at Surfer the Bar in Turtle Bay Resort, featuring “a maverick bunch of daredevils” who pioneer the adventure of extreme sports on the high waves. Call 293-6000 for cost.
* ART EXHIBIT Oahu Arts Center has an art show at Kapolei Hale Art Gallery through July 25 including works by Mililani artist Corinne Gallardo Mata. Call 271-1344.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. July 28 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 30 at Wahiawa General Hospital and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 11 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
* FARM WORKSHOP Hawaii Agri-tourism Association’s Lani Weigert discusses the ag-tourism process during a workshop from 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 2 at Kahuku Farms. Fee is $15 including lunch. To reserve a place, call 622-9026.
* SCOUT NIGHT Mililani Cub Scout Pack 564 has a recruitment night at 7 p.m. Aug. 3 in Mililani Mauka Elementary cafeteria. Call 561-4505.
* WAHIAWA PLAY Playbuilders of Hawaii Theater Co. presents Wahiawa: Remembah Wen … at 7 p.m. Aug. 3-4 and 9-10; noon Aug. 5 and 11; and 6 p.m. Aug. 12 at Dot’s In Wahiawa, featuring local actors and directed by Terri Madden. Donation is $15. Call 218-0103.
* WYLAND ART Artist Wyland celebrates art and conservation with a demonstration, book-signing and displays of sculptures and nature photography from 6 to 10 p.m. Aug. 4 in Haleiwa. Call 800-708-8729.
* CHURCH LUAU Liliuokalani Protestant Church has its luau Aug. 4 from 1 to 4 p.m. The $20 meal includes kalua pig, squid luau, lomi salmon, poke, raw crab and opihi (if available), poi, haupia, kulolo, pineapple and rice. Take-out orders ($17.50 each) are available for pick-up from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Proceeds benefit the church. Call 637-9364.
* BON DANCES Waialua Hongwanji Mission has its bon dance at 7 p.m. Aug. 4 at 67-313 Kealohanui St. (637-4395); Mililani Hongwanji Mission’s celebration is at 7 p.m. Aug. 17 and 18 at 95-257 Kaloapau St. (625-0925).
* BANDSTAND Waialua Bandstand presents Na Wahine o ka Hula Mai ka Pu’uwai Hula Halau at 4 p.m. Aug. 5, sponsored by Malama Market. Call 637-9721.
* PRO WATER Wellness consultant Arlene Thomas discusses “The Healing Benefits of Water” at 6 p.m. Aug. 8 at Mililani Library, based on the writings of Dr. F. Batmanghelidj. Call 627-7470.
* KALO Waimea Valley has its free Kalo Workshop Aug. 11, offering planting methods, pounding, kalo tasting and garden tours. Early registration is encouraged at 638-5859.