Central Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of what’s happening in Central Oahu. Fax items by July 18 to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition comes out July 25.
* OSHIRO FORUM State Rep. Marcus Oshiro has a post-session forum from 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 10 at Wahiawa District Park with refreshments. Call 586-6200.
* MOVIE NIGHTS Wahiawa Library screens family films at 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays in July. Call 622-6345.
* BON DANCES Hale-iwa Shingon Mission’s bon dances are at 7:30 p.m. July 13-14 at 66-469 Paalaa Road (637-4423); Wahiawa Ryusenji Soto Mission celebrates at 7:30 p.m. July 20-21 at 164 California Ave. (622-1429).
* FREEDOM RUN Surfing the Nations stages a 5K Freedom Run and half-mile keiki fun run at 7 a.m. July 14 at Kaala Neighborhood Park. Visit surfingthenations.com/freedomrun.
* WAIALUA WRITERS The Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. July 14. Call 637-8286.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. July 14 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 14 at Mililani Town Center, 7 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. July 18 at Monsanto Co., 94-520 Kunia Road; and 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. July 21 at the Town Center. Call 848-4770.
* NEIGHBORS Wahiawa-Whitmore Village Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. July 16 at Wahiawa District Park, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 pm. July 17 at Mililani Mauka Elementary, North Shore meets at 7 p.m. July 24 at Haleiwa Elementary, Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. July 25 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* FARM WORKSHOP Fred Lau of Mari’s Gardens in Mililani hosts a farm workshop from 9 a.m. to noon July 19, sponsored by the Oahu Resource Conservation and Development Council. Fee is $5. Call 622-9026.
* BENEFIT GOLF The Pacific and Asian Affairs Council has its annual International Golf Classic at noon July 20 at Leilehua Golf Course. For details, call 944-7780.
* BACK TO SCHOOL Mililani Shopping Center hosts “Back to School Fun” from noon to 2 p.m. July 21 with prizes, games, entertainment and a school-supply drive. Call 521-2611.
* ART FEST The annual Haleiwa Arts Festival runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. July 21 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 22 in Haleiwa Beach Park and town, with art, music, tours, demonstrations and keiki art activities. Call 637-2277.
* KANIKAPILA Waimea Valley has a “Mahalo Day” Kanikapila from 1 to 4 p.m. July 22 in the Pavilion with the Abrigo Ohana and musicians from the public (bring own instruments). Discounts on park admission apply. Call 638-7766.
* ART EXHIBIT Oahu Arts Center has an art show at Kapolei Hale Art Gallery through July 25, including works by Mililani artist Corinne Gallardo Mata. Call 271-1344.
* WAHIAWA PLAY Playbuilders of Hawaii Theater Co. presents Wahiawa: Remembah Wen … at 7 p.m. Aug. 3-4 and 9-10; noon Aug. 5 and 11; and 6 p.m. Aug. 12 at Dot’s, featuring local actors and local stories about the town. Admission is $15. For reservations, call 218-0103.
* PREP FOOTBALL Hawaii State Jr. Prep Sports accepts football signups for the fall for grades 4-8, with teams based in Wahiawa, Waikele and elsewhere. Go to hawaiistatejrprep.com or call 692-3589.
* CONSERVATION The Oahu Army Natural Resource Program welcomes help on its service trips and environmental outreach projects to control invasive weeds. Call 656-7741.
* POLO Hawaii Polo Club has matches at 2 p.m. Sundays in Mokuleia. Call 343-4788.