West Oahu Highlights
Send West Oahu items by fax to 585-6324 or email email@example.com by April 17 to be considered for the April 24 edition.
* SHAKESPEARE Leeward Community College’s Literature Department presents a free “Day in Illyria” from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. April 17 at Eucalyptus Courtyard with Shakespeare scenes, choral music and the Royal Hawaiian Band. Call 455-0355.
* BIZ WORKSHOP West Oahu Women Network Hawaii has a “Transform Yourself, Transform Your Business” workshop from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. April 18 at Waikele Country Club. Fee is $35 in advance, $45 at the door. Call 780-9754.
* CAMPBELL HELP Campbell High School plans a benefit from 5 to 9 p.m. April 18 at the Ewa Beach McDonald’s with games and entertainment. Call 685-0627.
* RELAY FOR LIFE Leeward Oahu’s Relay for Life runs from 7 p.m. April 19 to 7 a.m. April 20 at Waipahu High athletic field on a “Hollywood” theme, with relay laps, contests, a flash mob, cancer survivors tent, food and product booths, keiki activities and more, all to benefit American Cancer Society. Call Hilliary at 931-9100.
* MUSIC FEST Kapolei Chorale has its annual Leeward Music Festival April 20 at Kroc Performing Arts Center, starting with the Royal Hawaiian Band at 6:45 p.m., then the chorale, dozens of schools and local groups performances. Admission is $5. Kroc Center is at 91-3257 Kualakai Parkway in Ewa Beach. Call 672-8888.
* CAR SHOW Kanehili Hawaiian Homestead Community has a Classic Car Show and Yard Sale from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m April 20 with food, music and entertainment. Park at Hawaii Maoli at 91-1270 Kinoiki St. Call 620-9169.
* SWAP MEET Waipio Shopping Center has a swap meet and craft fair from 8 a.m to 1 p.m. April 20. firstname.lastname@example.org.
* BAZAAR Waipahu United Church of Christ’s bazaar runs from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 20 at 94-330 Mokuola St., with food, crafts, clothing, plants and more. Call 677-3317.
* COFFEE HOURS State Sen. Clarence Nishihara hosts April 20 coffee hours at 8 a.m. at the Waimano Home Road McDonald’s and 9 a.m. at the Pearl City Walmart McDonald’s. Call 728-1008.
* REAL ESTATE Cold-well Banker Pacific Properties has a free seminar at 4:30 p.m. April 21 on “Spirituality in Real Estate” at its Kapolei Commons office. Call 947-8101.
* GUITAR CONCERT LCC Theatre presents Leeward Coast Guitars directed by music professor Peter Kun Frary at 4 p.m. April 21. Tickets are $5 at the door. Call 455-0385.
* MANANA HIKE The Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 5-mile intermediate hike to Iliahi Ridge at Pacific Palisades at 8 a.m. April 21. htmclub.org.
* HTY PLAY Honolulu Theatre for Youth presents Blue at 3 p.m. April 23 at Pearl City Library – a lively lesson in tolerance and understanding done with humor and whimsy. Call 453-6566.
* NEIGHBORS Pearl City Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. April 23 at Waiau District Park, Makakilo-Kapolei-Honokai Hale meets at 7 p.m. April 24 at Kapolei High cafeteria, and Waipahu meets at 7 p.m. April 24 at the FilCom Center on Mokuola Street. Call 768-3710.