West Oahu Highlights
Fax items by Oct. 31 to 585-6324 or email email@example.com in order to be considered for the Nov. 7 Islander edition.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 31 at Kapolei High, 7 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Nov. 3 at Pearlridge Center and 7:30 a.m.-2.15 p.m. Nov. 3 at Kapolei Shopping Center. Call 848-4770.
* PANANA PA’INA Grace Bible Church Kapolei hosts “Pa’ina on Panana” from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 31 at Mauka Lani Elementary cafeteria, a free Halloween alternative with games, snacks, a movie and plenty of candy. Call 285-5135.
* HAUNTED SCIENCE Mad Science hosts a Halloween Spooktacular at 6 p.m. Oct. 31 at Pearlridge Center Uptown, followed by trick-or-treating from 7 to 8 p.m. Call 488-0981.
* OPEN MARKET Prince Kuhio Community Center has an open market from 3 to 7 p.m. Nov. 2 at 91-1270 Kinoiki St., near the Hawaiian Home Lands building in Kapolei. Call 780-6082.
* SEAGULL FAIR Seagull School at Ocean Pointe has a fall fair from 5 to 8 p.m. Nov. 2 with prizes, keiki activities, Fairy Cakes, Ige’s Jamba Juice, crafters and more at 91-203 Kaimele Place in Ewa Beach. Call 689-6021.
* MEMORIAL GOLF
The Dayne Carvalho Memorial/Suicide Prevention Golf Tourney starts at noon Nov. 2 at Kapolei Golf Course. Fee is $160 per golfer or $600 for team of four. Call 306-8429.
* DIABETES WALK Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation has its 19th “Walk to Cure Diabetes” at 7:30 a.m. Nov. 3 at Central Oahu Regional Park. To join the team, call 988-1000 or visit jdrfhawaii.org.
* AIEA FAIR Aiea High School has a craft and fun fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 3. Call 382-7713.
* CRAFT FAIR Pearl City Hongwanji Mission has a craft fair from 8 to 11:30 a.m. Nov. 3 at 858 Second St. with favorite foods, baked goods, pickled veggies, plants, flowers, produce, crafts and the mission cookbook, Wisteria Delights. Call 455-1832.
* MANGA ART Author, illustrator and award-winning MidWeek cartoonist Roy Chang shares Manga-style creations from his book, Cacy and Kiara and the Curse of the Ki’i, at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 3 at Kapolei Library (693-7050) and 11 a.m. Nov. 17 at Aiea Library (483-7333).
* BOKASHI Malama Learning Center hosts the workshop, “Introduction to Bokashi Composting,” from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 3 at Ilima at Leihano, 891 Kamaaha Ave. For fees and details, call 542-9107.
* VETERANS MARCH Waianae Military Civilian Advisory Council has its annual Veterans Day parade starting at 9 a.m. Nov. 3 at Waianae Boat Harbor and ending at Waianae Mall. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* NUTRITION Kaiser Permanente presents “Healthy Kids, Healthy Families” from 9 to 11 a.m. Nov. 3 for parents and keiki at its Waipio clinic, featuring talks on nutrition and exercise. Call 432-3100.
* PEARL CITY HIKE Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 6-mile intermediate hike to Halapepe Nui in Pearl City at 8 a.m. Nov. 4. Go to htmclub.org.
* FLOWER SHOW The state Department of Agriculture has a free floral exhibit and sale, “Buy Local, It Matters,” from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 4 in Pearl City Cultural Center and Pearl City High’s multipurpose room, with demonstrations, classes, contests and plant giveaways. Call 973-9560.
* FLEA MARKET Waipahu Project Grad 2012 conducts benefit flea markets from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 4 and Dec. 2 at the Waipahu Longs Drugs store. Call 216-7449.
* TAIKO DRUMS Kenny Endo’s Taiko Ensemble entertains at 6 p.m. Nov. 7 at Waipahu Library. Call 675-0358.
* FALLS Kaiser presents “Pelvic Floor Strengthening and Fall Prevention” at 9 a.m. Nov. 7 at Leeward YMCA, covering incontinence-reducing exercises as well as falls (671-6495).