West Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of West Oahu events. Fax items to 585-6324 or email email@example.com one week ahead of the Wednesday publication date.
* REUNION RSVP Deadline to RSVP for the Waipahu Class of 1957 reunion is Aug. 1. The 55th-year party is set for Oct. 26-27. Call Jean at 488-4031.
* POP WARNER The Pop Warner Pearl City Chargers seek football players ages 7 to 14 for all divisions, and practices begin Aug. 1. Call 277-4858.
* TALK STORY State Sen. Clarence Nishihara hosts a talk story at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 1 at Palisades Elementary, and coffee hours on Aug. 4 at 8 a.m. at the Waimano Home Road McDonald’s and 9 a.m. at the Pearl City Walmart McDonald’s. Call 728-1008.
* REUNION RSVP Deadline is Aug. 1 to RSVP for the Waipahu Class of 1962’s 50th reunion Oct. 5-7. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* ROTARY TALK Dave Rolf, Hawaii Automobile Association executive director, speaks at Kapolei Rotary Club’s 7:30 a.m. breakfast meeting Aug. 2 in the Kapolei High faculty lounge. Call 722-1489.
* KUNIA MUSIC 3rd Cup Cafe & Venue presents Dave and Stephanie Tamaoka at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 3 (contemporary) and Steve and Jean Martinucci at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 4 (jazz) on the second floor of the Royal Kunia Times building. Call 888-6087.
* MAOLI MARKET Hawaii Maoli has an open market from 3 to 7 p.m. Aug. 3 at 91-1270 Kinoiki St. near the Kapolei Hawaiian Home Lands building. Food, health services and community booths and poi pounding by Daniel Anthony of Mana’ai. Call 780-6082.
* WAIPAHU BON Waipahu Soto Zen Temple Taiyoji has bon dancing at 7 p.m. Aug. 3-4 at 94-413 Waipahu St. Call 671-3103.
* PET ORAL HEALTH Petco in Kapolei and Pearl City have Pet Oral Health programs Aug. 4-5, sponsored by Greenies dental chews and treats.
* PLANT SALE Halawa Xeriscape Garden has an Open House and Unthirsty Plant Sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 4 at 99-1268 Iwaena St. Call 748-5041.
* RIDGE HIKE Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 5-mile intermediate valley-ridge hike in Pacific Palisades at 8 a.m. Aug. 5. Go to htmclub.org.
* PEARL CITY BON Pearl City Hongwanji Mission has bon dancing at 7 p.m. Aug. 10-11 at 858 Second St. Call 455-1680.
* AIEA BON DANCE Soto Mission of Aiea-Taiheiji has bon dancing at 7 p.m. Aug. 10 and 11 at 99-045 Kauhale St. Call 488-6794.
* FINANCES Hickam Federal Credit Union has a free “Planning and Building your Financial Future” seminar at 3 p.m. Aug. 11 at its Kapolei branch, 590 Farrington Hwy. Call 423-1391 by Aug. 6.
* AYSO SOCCER Leeward Region 269 seeks players 5 to 18 for fall play in Ewa Beach, Kapolei, Makakilo and Waianae. Call 696-8889.
* WEST FOOTBALL Hawaii State Jr. Prep Sports Assn. seeks players in grades 4-8 for fall play in Ewa Beach, Kapolei, Waikele and Waianae (692-3589).
* TACKLE PLAY The Kapolei Islanderz seek grade 4-8 players for tackle football this fall. Fee is $182. Call 275-6134.