West Oahu Highlights
Send West Oahu items to email@example.com by June 25 to be considered for the July 2 edition.
* FAIRY GRANDMA Fairy Grandmother Susie Roth presents a keiki storytime at 1:30 p.m. June 23 at Pearl City Library, combining fun, magic and science. Call 453-6566.
* BALLROOM The Pearlridge chapter of Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association signs up students at 7 p.m. June 24 and July 1, 8 and 15 at Waimalu Elementary School for lessons in rumba and East Coast swing. Classes begin July 8. Call 456-2129 or 488-3935.
* NEIGHBORS Pearl City Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. June 24 at Waiau District Park, Makakilo-Kapolei-Honokai Hale meets at 7 p.m. June 25 at Kapolei High cafeteria and Waipahu meets at 7 p.m. June 26 at FilCom Center on Mokuola Street. Call 768-3710.
* ROAD SHOW Hawaii Republican Assembly meets at 7 p.m. June 26 at Ewa Mahiko District Park to present “The Good, Bad and the Ugly of Hawaii Politics” and more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* NATIVE HEARING The U.S. Department of the Interior conducts a public forum on procedures to reestablish a Native Hawaiian government from 6 to 9 p.m. June 26 at Makakilo Elementary. Email email@example.com or call 202-208-6416.
* FENCE HEARING The city Department of Planning and Permitting conducts a public hearing at 1:30 p.m. June 26 at the Mission Memorial Building on a Public Storage request to retain a 6-foot high chain-link fence at its Ewa yard at 91-923 Fort Weaver Road. Call 768-8017.
* JAPAN THEATER Ewa Beach Library hosts a live staging of Bento Rakugo, a unique presentation of Japanese comedy, at 10:30 a.m. June 27. Call 689-1204.
* ORGANIZED Simply Organized offers a free FreedomRail demonstration at 1 p.m. June 28 at its Kapolei store, 889 Kamokila Blvd. Call 693-8888.
* BLOOD DRIVE Hawaii Blood Bank has a donor drive from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. June 28 at Kapolei Shopping Center. Call 848-4770.
* ART TALK Kapolei Library presents “Understand Art” with museum art school outreach manager Justin Davies at 1 p.m. June 28. Call 693-7050.
* GABBARD LISTENS State Sen. Mike Gabbard hosts a “Listen Story” at 9 a.m. June 28 at Ewa Mahiko District Park. Call 586-6830.
* HOME BUYING Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties hosts a free seminar on “Buying with No Money Down” at 5:30 p.m. June 29 at its Kapolei Commons office, 4460 Kapolei Parkway. RSVP to 947-8101.
* PIE CONTEST Hawaii Farm Bureau Federation invites recipes by June 30 for its “Best Local Pie” contest. Finalists will be judged at the State Farm Fair July 12 at Kualoa Ranch. Email recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to the bureau at P.O. Box 23, Kunia, HI 96759.
* MEDIA DEGREE Deadline is July 1 to apply for the fall UH West Oahu Creative Media program, which offers multiple pathways to a four-year degree in cooperation with all seven UH community colleges. For more information, call 689-2900.
* ROTARY TALK State Sen. David Ige is guest speaker at Kapolei Rotary Club’s 7:30 a.m. meeting July 3 in the faculty lounge at Kapolei High. Email email@example.com.
* WEST SIDE DANCE Kapolei chapter of Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association registers students at 7 p.m. July 7, 14 and 21 at Makakilo Community Park for classes in waltz and samba that begin July 7. Call 781-2076.
* YOUTH FOOTBALL KapCity Hurricanes register players for youth flag and tackle football now through Aug. 31 for the fall season (September-November). Area practices are held from 4 to 6:30 p.m. week-days. Call 393-5844 or visit facebook.com/usoathletics.
* CAMPBELL ’72 Campbell High School’s Class of 1972 plans 60th birthday festivities for Sept. 19-23 in Las Vegas. To make arrangements, call Vacations Hawaii by July 15. For more details, call Myrna at 265-2412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* METH ART Kapolei Hale Courtyard displays original works by Hawaii teens in “Not Even Once … Take a stand against METH,” now through July 17. Call 922-5331.
* WAIPAHU ZUMBA Zumba classes with Sexy Crew are back every Thursday at 6:30 p.m at United Visayan Community Hall, 94-833 Awanei St. in Waipahu. Drop in fee is $5. Call 393-8073.
* ADOPTING PETS Hawaii Dog Foundation sponsors pet adoptions from noon to 2 p.m. every Sunday at Petco Pearl City. Call 782-8387.
* WAIPIO MARKET Kaiser’s Waipio Clinic has a Fresh Days Farmers Market 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2260.
* LCC MARKET ‘Nalo Farms runs a weekly farmers market from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sundays in parking lot C at Leeward Community College with local produce and prepared dishes. Call 259-7698.