Technology Conference For Business
Right here in our backyard, in an effort to educate businesses about the rapidly changing technologies and tools to help increase operational efficiency and improve the bottom line, this week Wednesday (Feb. 20), 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Hawaiian Telcom hosts Hawaiian Telcom University – Connecting with Hawaii. It’s a free technology conference that will feature strategic business workshops, Hawaii’s foremost technology experts, innovative exhibits and professional networking.
The keynote address will be delivered by Sanjeev “Sonny” Bhagowalia, chief information officer for the state of Hawaii, who will share his comprehensive plan to revitalize and re-engineer the state’s IT structure. Guests also will enjoy insightful workshops and panel discussions on the following:
* Connecting Your Business to the Cloud
* Mobility and Security
* Open Data: What is it?
* Is Social Media Worth it or Worthless?
* Planning for the Cloud
* Grow Your Business Online … Securely
Although this conference is primarily aimed toward businesses, this could be interesting for anyone to attend. Visit hawaiiantel.com/htu to register and get a glimpse of the agenda.
Tweeting Hash Tags Earn Discounted Goods
American Express created a special way to spend your money in an almost effortless way. If you’re an American Express card-holder, you can synchronize your eligible card with Amex Sync.
A similar program initially launched last March for couponless savings to card-members that tweeted special offer #hashtags from merchants.
This recently launched program allows you to tweet special #hashtags and almost instantly purchase American Express gift cards and products from Amazon, Sony, Urban Zen and Xbox 360.
“Based on the initial success of Amex Sync for offers, we know there is significant power in combining our assets with Twitter’s platform to bring value to cardmembers and merchants,” says Leslie Berland, senior vice president of Digital Partnerships and Development at American Express. “Now we’re leveraging our unique technology and closed-loop network to introduce a seamless solution that redefines what’s possible in the world of social commerce.”
To get started:
* Sync your American Express card here: sync.americanexpress.com/twitter.
* Tweet special product #hashtags for the product you want to purchase with your synced card.
* Check your Twitter mentions in the @ Connect tab (https://twitter.com/i/connect) for a response from @AmexSync containing a confirmation #hashtag. Tweet the confirmation #hashtag within 15 minutes of the response from @AmexSync to confirm the purchase.
* All products will be shipped to your billing address via free twoday shipping, courtesy of American Express.
The specially priced products below will be highlighted as the “favorites” and will be available until March 3. There are more products, but this is just a snapshot of the offerings.
* $25 American Express Gift Card: $15
* Amazon Kindle Fire HD: $149.99 plus tax
* Sony Action Cam & Waterproof Headband Mount: $179.99 plus tax
* Urban Zen Bracelet Designed by Donna Karan: $80 plus tax
* Xbox 360 4GB console with a three-month Xbox LIVE Subscription and two game tokens: $179.99 plus tax
* Xbox Controller: $29.99 plus tax Visit the @AmericanExpress Twitter page (twitter.com/americanexpress) for more information or to see the featured products.