Start Off 2013 With Classes At Windward
Windward Community College will offer six career and community education classes, from ancient exercise to digital management, during the first two weeks of January.
The public can enroll in the classes by calling 235-7433.
Topics are listed below along with applicable fees.
* Tai Chi (Yang style) – 6:30 p.m. Jan. 2, 7 and 9 in Hale Kuhina 115. Fee is $25 per class, plus a $15 lab fee to learn “the venerable Chinese martial art to improve your mental and physical health.”
* Digital Photos – 9 a.m. Jan. 5 and 12 in Hale Alakai 102 with Patrick Delos Santos. Fee is $80 plus a $5 lab fee. Learn the simple techniques required to “take family photos like a pro and photograph great outdoor scenery.”
* iPhone Fatigue – 8 a.m. Jan. 11 in Hale Kuhina 106 with Joan Levey. Fee is $19. Learn all the features on your iPhone and how to use them in two hours. Bring Apple ID/password and all email addresses.
* iPad Blues – 10 a.m. Jan. 11 in Hale Kuhina 106 with Joan Levey. Fee is $19. Learn to operate all features of your iPad, plus troubleshooting. Bring Apple ID/password and email addresses.
* Business Writing: Write Like A Wizard – 8 a.m. Jan. 12 in Hale Kuhina 106 with Janet Liftee. Fee is $29. Learn how to write “powerful” business letters and documents, from press releases to reports, using proper grammar and punctuation.