July 4 Fireworks And More At Turtle Bay
Turtle Bay Resort’s annual Independence Day celebration is planned for July 4 and 5, offering free fireworks and entertainment for the public, along with a paddle race, activities, Hawaiian games, prizes, food booths, paid gigs and much more.
Below is a look at both days. For details and venue reservations, call 293-6000; for paid events, reserve tickets at shopturtlebay.com.
* Da Hui Paddle Race from Turtle Bay to Waimea Bay at 10 a.m. with 600 competitors
* Live music from 3:30 p.m. on West Lawn with MT Ke’Ala, Crimson Apple, Keilani Mokulehua, Kapena (7:30) and more
* Pool Bar Barbecue 5:30 to 10:30 p.m. with entertainment ($25 and up)
* DJ on Kula Grille Deck 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. with special pulehu menu
* Fireworks show at 8:30 p.m.
* An afterparty runs from 9 p.m. at Surfer, the Bar featuring Darren Benitez ($15 cover)
* Entertainment at 7 p.m. on West Lawn by JGeek and the Geeks from New Zealand ($15-$200) * Entertainment at 9 p.m. by Alex Marley at Surfer, the Bar (21 and older, $15-$20).