Central Oahu Highlights
Items must reach us by April 9 for the April 16 edition. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 585-6324.
* MARIJUANA TALK Smart Approaches to Marijuana Coalition (SAM) in partnership with Drug-Free Hawaii presents a team of experts and law enforcement officers to discuss the latest science-based facts about marijuana at 6 p.m. March 24 at Wahiawa Hongwanji, 1067 California Ave. Chili and rice will be served. Call 545-3228, ext. 40.
* OSHIRO FORUM State Rep. Marcus Oshiro hosts a mid-session forum from 6 to 8:30 p.m. March 25 in the Hale Koa Room at Wahiawa District Park. Order of business: socializing and light dinner at 6, forum at 6:30, meeting pau at 8:30. Call 586-6700.
* NEIGHBORS North Shore Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. March 25 at Waialua Elementary cafeteria, Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. March 26 at Mililani Rec Center III, and Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 p.m. April 15 at Mililani Mauka Elementary. Call 768-3710.
* SCHOOLS CLOSED Public schools are closed March 26 in observance of Prince Kuhio Day.
* ORCHID TALK Orchid horticulturist Scot Mitamura gives a free talk on honohono orchids at 9:30 a.m. March 27 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Call 522-7066.
* CARNIVAL Mililani Town Center hosts a Crazy Carnival from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 29 with Stevo the Clown, jump rope with state Rep. Lauren Matsumoto, palm readings, shave ice and more. Tim Rose plays music at 7 p.m. Call 625-0108.
* CELTIC MARKET International Celtic fusion singer Melissa Cox performs at 11 a.m. March 29 at the North Shore Country Market at Sunset Beach Elementary School. Call 463-8731.
* RUMMAGE SALE Wahiawa United Methodist Church has its annual rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 29 at 1445 California Ave., offering toys, garden tools, books, games and household items to support church missions. Call 622-4361.
* MEET MATSUMOTO State Rep. Lauren Matsumoto hosts community night meetings March 31 at Waialua Elementary and April 2 at Mililani High schools. For times and details, call 586-9490.
* EMS BRIEFING State Sen. Michelle Kidani conducts a town hall meeting at 7 p.m. April 2 at Kanoelani Elementary School to discuss the new emergency medical services command center and ambulance facility planned for Waipio. HART officials also will update the status of the rail project. Call 586-7100.
* GREEN FAIR Mililani Town Association presents a free Green Fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 5 at Rec Center 7 (95-1333 Lehiwa Drive) with a farmers market, arts and crafts, eco-resource exhibits, seminars, entertainment and food. Call 440-2603.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. April 5 at Mililani Town Center and 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. April 7 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Call 848-4770.
* POLO OPENS Hawaii Polo Club opens its 2014 season with 50th-anniversary festivities and four polo matches April 6 on Mokuleia field. Gates open at 11 a.m., and polo starts at 2 p.m. Admission is $10 and $25 (clubhouse seats). Also planned are skydiving, music and picnicking. Call 226-0061.
* MARATHON 808 Race sponsors the North Shore Marathon at 5:15 a.m. April 6 beginning at Haleiwa Road and ending at Alii Beach Park. Call 591-9839.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. April 12 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* SEUSSICAL Central Theatre Academy of Arts has begun selling tickets for Seussical, a romping musical recreation of the Dr. Seuss characters running April 25, 26, and May 4, 9 and 10 at Mililani High School cafeteria. Tickets cost $12, $10 and $5 – plus a dinner show May 9 for $30, $25 and $17. Go to showtix4u.com.