Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central Oahu items to email@example.com or fax them to 585-6324. The next edition is March 26, and the deadline is March 19.
* CAREGIVERS The Central Oahu Caregivers host a support group at 7 p.m. March 13 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Everyone is welcome. Call 623-6707.
* PLANT DOCTOR Plant doctor Erin Purple offers a free diagnosis of your sick plants from 9 to 10 a.m. March 13 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Call for reservations, and bring the ailing greenery. Call 522-7066.
* BOOK SALE Friends of Waialua Library have a book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 15. Call 637-8286.
* BLOOD DRIVE Hawaii Blood Bank has a donor drive from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. March 15 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
* MILILANI MUSIC Mililani Town Center presents “Saturday Night Music” at 7 p.m March 15 with Michael Cheape, March 22 with Bruddahz Kanikapila Band and March 29 with Tim Rose. Call 625-0108.
* OHANAWaimea Valley hosts La Ohana (family day) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 16, with half-price admission for kamaaina and military. The day includes a scavenger hunt, stories, hula, lei making, petroglyph rubs, cultural demonstrations and makahiki games. La Ohana is set for every third Sunday of the month through December. Call 638-7766.
* PARENT-CHILD FAIR Mililani Town Center marks St. Patrick’s Day and spring break with a Parent-Child Fair from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. March 17, including Bungee the Clown. Call 625-0108.
* NEIGHBORS Wahiawa-Whitmore Village Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. March 17 at Wahiawa District Park, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley at 7 p.m. March 18 at Mililani Mauka Elementary, North Shore meets at 7 p.m. March 25 at Waialua Elementary, and Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu at 7:30 p.m. March 26 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* SOCCER CAMP The “I Got Skills” spring break soccer camp is set for from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 17-21 at Central Oahu Regional Park for keiki age 6-14. Visit igotskills.com.
* GARDEN CLUB Mililani Garden Club meets at 9:30 a.m. March 20 (and the third Thursday of the month) at Mililani Mauka Rec Center 6. Call 637-0488 or 678-2624.
* HALEIWA LOVE Haleiwa Joe’s Third Friday fest event runs from 4 p.m. March 21 to 1:30 a.m. March 22 at the Haleiwa restaurant, featuring art with Erin Browne Delventhal, graffiti and tattoo artist exhibits, and live music by Ron Artis, Wayne Tejada, Sharon and Tres Bourbon-nais and Quadrophonx. Call 637-8005.
* PARK COOKING Chef Alex shows how to prepare summer rolls and crab cakes from 10 a.m. to noon March 22 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Fee is $15. Call 522-7066.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. March 22 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* SCHOFIELD HIKE Hawaiian Trail and Mountain Club leads a 14-mile advanced ridge hike in Schofield-Waikane at 8:30 a.m. March 23. Sign up at htmc.org by March 18.
* OSHIRO FORUM State Rep. Marcus Oshiro hosts a mid-session forum from 6 to 8:30 p.m. March 25 in Wahiawa District Park’s Hale Koa room. It’s socializing and light dinner at 6, forum at 6:30, meeting pau at 8:30. Call 586-6700.
* ORCHID TALK Orchid horticulturist Scot Mitamura gives a free talk on hono hono orchids at 9:30 a.m. March 27 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Call 522-7066.
* BUDDHISM Mililani Hongwanji presents a seminar at 1 p.m. March 30 at 95-257 Kaloapau St. on “Why Buddhism and the West Need Each Other,” featuring zen professor and author David Loy. Call 625-0925.
* WAIALUA JUBILEE The 16th annual Waialua High School Jubilee is planned for May 8 at the Ohana Room at the California Hotel in Las Vegas. Deadline is March 16 for a banquet costing $45 per person. Call Carol at 348-5180 or Joseph at 284-2730.
* CRESTVIEW CLUB The Crestview Seniors Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to noon Fridays at Crestview Community Park for fun activities and outings. All residents age 55 and older are welcome. Call Guy at 671-4838.
* JAZZERCISE Kate Moore leads low-impact, one-hour Jazzercise classes at 6 and 7 p.m. Mondays at Mililani District Park, and beginners are welcome. She also leads Jazzercise at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.
* ZUMBA Debbie Rosa-rio leads Zumba classes at 6:45 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. Saturday at Mililani Waena Elementary. Fee is $5 per class or $45 per month. Call 780-5640.
* MILILANI SENIORS The Mililani Golden Years seniors club meets from 9:30 a.m. to noon Fridays at Mililani District Park for planned activities. All residents age 55 and older are welcome. Call 623-5258.
* TOASTMASTERS Mililani Toastmasters Club meets at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Ike Elementary School to help members improve their public speaking and leadership skills. Call 220-5093.
* LANGUAGES Language Wonderland conducts Saturday morning classes for keiki age 12 and younger in Japanese and Mandarin Chinese. Also planned are French, Spanish and Russian. Fee is $165 for 10 classes. Call 1-760-477-3310.
* HULA Kumu hula Ali’i Manu conducts non-competitive hula classes (auana, kahiko and the aloha spirit) for the community at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary. Men and women ages 15 and up are welcome. Call 478-2400.
* ESCRIMA Patrick Delos Santos leads Kali Escrima classes in Filipino self-defense (stick fighting) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mililani Waena Elementary. Fee is $50 per month. Call 398-0119.
* KEIKI COUNCILThe Central District North Community Children’s Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month in Mililani High Room C101. All parents of children with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
* WAIALUA WRITERS The Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month at the library. Call 637-8286.