Central Oahu Highlights
Send items by fax to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition is April 10 and the deadline is April 3.
* NEIGHBORS North Shore Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. March 26 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria; Mililani-WaipioMelemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. March 27 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* LIBRARY HOURS Public libraries are closed March 26 (Kuhio Day), March 29 (Good Friday) and March 31 (Easter). Open on March 30 are the Mililani, Wahiawa and Waialua branches, among others. Call 831-6877.
* ORCHID TALK Horticulturist Scot Mitamura discusses Honohono orchids at 9:30 a.m. March 28 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Call 522-7064.
* KEMOO MUSIC Kemoo Farms has live music March 29 with alternative band 11th Hour at The Pub and reggae by Pohaku at Lakeside Lanai. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* EASTER FUN Mililani Town Center celebrates Easter from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 30 with games, activities and Easter Bunny photos. Call 625-0108.
* BOOKS, BUNNIES Hawaii All-Breed Rabbit Club and Friends of Wahiawa Library host the annual Book and Bunny Show from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 30 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden, with plenty of furry rabbits and used books. Call 621-3373.
* ART WALK The monthly Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. March 30 in Haleiwa town, with sales and activities hosted by merchants. Call 637-4558.
* REUNION DATES All Waialua High graduates are urged to sign up by March 31 for Waialua Jubilee XV, set for May 1 in Las Vegas. Call 455-2653 or 342-0863.
* EASTER BRUNCH Waimea Valley hosts Easter Brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 31 at the pavilion. Tickets cost $38 for adults, $19 for keiki ages 4 to 12 (includes park admission). Call 638-7766.
* CALLIGRAPHY Mary Mineko Weite’s calligraphy and Sumi-e students at Wahiawa Community School for Adults display their artwork April 2-20 at Wahiawa Library. Call 621-5572.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. April 2 at Leilehua High School, 7 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. April 6 at Mililani Town Center, and 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. April 10 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Call 848-4770.
* LILIKOI TIPS Gail Hercher, author of The Little Hawaiian Liliko’i Cookbook, shows how to make lilikoi bars and drinks at 10 a.m. April 6 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Coffee and lilikoi cheesecake will be served. Fee is $7. Call 522-7064.
* BANDSTAND Waialua Bandstand presents Na Leo Nahenahe o na Kupuna Hula Halau at 4 p.m. April 7 courtesy of Shark’s Cove Grill in Pupukea and Waialua Bakery. Call 637-9721.
* FOOTBALL Mililani Football Association seeks a volunteer head coach now for the Junior PeeWee division of Pop Warner Football. The season starts Aug. 1. Call Tony at 756-3334.
* HUNGRY LIONS The Wahiawa Lions Club plans its annual breakfast from 7 to 11 a.m. April 21 at Leilehua High School. Tickets cost $7. Call 522-5133.