Central Oahu Highlights
The next edition is Feb. 12, and the deadline is Feb. 5. Email Central Oahu event notices to email@example.com or fax them to 585-6324.
• NEIGHBORS Wahia-wa-Whitmore Village Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 27 at Wahiawa District Park, the North Shore board meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 18 at Mililani Mauka Elementary cafeteria, and Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 26 at Mililani Rec Center
III. Call 768-3710.
• BLOOD DRIVES Ha-waii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Jan. 28 at Leilehua High School, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Jan. 31 at BYU-Hawaii ballroom, 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Feb. 1 at Mililani Town Center, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Feb. 5 at Waialua Intermediate & High School, and 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Feb. 7 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Call 848-4770.
• HALEIWA MART Haleiwa Farmers Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. Jan. 30 and each Thursday at the Pikake Pavilion and main lawn at Waimea Valley (following the reopening of the park). Call 388-9696.
• PHONE BOOKS The Berry Company sponsors its final phone book recycling bin drive from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 31 at Mililani Town Center near Tesoro. Visit thinkyellow-gogreen.com.
• ZUMBA DEMO Mili-lani Town Center offers a Zumba demonstration at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 31. Call 625-0108.
• MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Feb. 8 and 22 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
• CAREGIVERS The Central Oahu Caregivers conduct a support group at 7 p.m. Feb. 13 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Everyone is welcome. Call 623-6707.
• DANCE PARTY Lei-lehua High Parent Boosters host a 2014 Project Grad benefit from 5 to 10 p.m. Feb. 15 at Dot’s in Wahiawa, with live music, entertainment, dancing, pupus and great prizes. All alumni and the public are welcome. Tickets cost $20 in advance, or $25 at the door. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 627-5057.
• GRANT DEADLINE Deadline is Feb. 15 to apply for the annual First Wind college scholarship awards for Central and Windward students. Visit firstwind.com/scholars.
• BOOK SALE Friends of Waialua Library have a book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 15 at the library. Call 637-8286.
• DOLE FUN DAY Dole Plantation sponsors its annual Family Fun Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 1 with music, hula, arts and crafts, keiki games, prizes, food booths and exhibits. Call 220-4981.
• ALZHEIMER HELP An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month at The Plaza in Mililani. Call 591-2771.
• MILILANI SENIORS The Mililani Golden Years seniors club meets from 9:30 a.m. to noon Fridays at Mililani District Park for planned activities. All residents age 55 and older are welcome. Call 623-5258.
• MASTERS SWIM The Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center offers a U.S. Masters swimming program, meeting at 7 p.m. each Monday and Wed-nesday at Central Oahu Regional Park. Call 677-8849.
• TOASTMASTERS Mililani Toastmasters Club meets at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Ike Elementary School to help members improve their public speak ing and leadership skills. Call 220-5093.
• KAHUKU MUSIC Turtle Bay Resort’s Hang Ten lounge offers live local music from 6 p.m. each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Call 689-1800.
• STORIES, FILMS Wahiawa Library sponsors a free storytime from 6 to 7:15 p.m. each Thursday and a free movie night at 5 p.m. each Tuesday. Call 622-6345.
• PADDLE FITNESS Rainbow Watersports offers Stand Up Paddle Fitness classes Saturdays at Haleiwa Bay. Call 372-9304.
• HULA Kumu hula Ali‘i Manu conducts noncompetitive hula classes (auana, kahiko and the aloha spirit) for the community at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary School. Men and women ages 15 and up are wel come. Call 478-2400.
• ESCRIMA Patrick Delos Santos conducts Kali Escrima classes in Filipino self-defense (stick fighting) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mililani Waena Elementary School. Fee is $50 per month. Call 398-0119.
• STRIDERS The Leeward Stroller Strides group meets at 8:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park, consisting of a fitness walk for moms and tots with strollers. Fee is $60 a month. A Schofield Barracks group meets at 8:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Call 398-6275.
• JAZZERCISE Kate Moore leads low-impact, one-hour Jazzercise classes at 6 and 7 p.m. Mondays at Mililani District Park, and beginners are welcome. She also leads Jazzercise at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.
• KEIKI COUNCIL The Central District North Community Children’s Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month in Mililani High School Room C101. All parents of children with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
• TECH PARK MART Hiraoka Farm sponsors a farmers market from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays at 100 Kahelu Ave. in Mililani Tech Park, featuring breads, plate lunches, desserts, flowers, local meat and produce and much more. Call 228-3714.
• QUEEN’S MARKET Liliuokalani Church offers a Queen’s Open Market from 1 to 5 p.m. Sundays in Haleiwa with fresh produce, ono food and handcrafted local items. Booth fee is $30. Vendors and entertainers are invited to call 637-9364.