East Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of what’s happening in East Oahu. Fax items by Feb. 29 to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition is March 7.
* YOGURT National Frozen Yogurt Day is Feb. 6, which means Hawaii Kai Towne Center’s Yogurtland offers free cups of yogurt from 4 to 7 p.m. that day.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Feb. 6 at Chaminade, 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 12 at One Love Ministries by Kaimuki High auditorium, 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at Kahala Mall, 8 a.m.3 p.m. Feb. 16 at Chaminade, 7-11:30 a.m. Feb. 20 at Hawaii Kai Library and 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at Sacred Hearts Academy. Call 845-9966.
* NEIGHBORS Palolo Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 8 at Palolo Elementary cafeteria, the Diamond Head-KapahuluSt. Louis Heights board meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 9 at Ala Wai Clubhouse, Kaimuki meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 15 at Kaimuki Christian Church Fellowship Hall, Waialae-Kahala meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 16 at Hoaloha Kai Montessori School, and Hawaii Kai meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 28 at Hahaione Elementary cafeteria. Call 768-3710.
* PHONE BOOKS The Berry Co. accepts all brands of phone books for recycling from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 10-12 and 17-19 at Kahala Mall by the trolley stop.
* VOWS Chaminade University hosts its annual Wedding Vows Renewal Ceremony during 10 a.m. Mass Feb. 12 in Mystical Rose Oratory. Couples of all denominations and their families and friends are welcome. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* ST. LOUIS MEETS St. Louis Heights Community Association meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 13 at Hokulani Elementary to discuss Waahila Ridge State Park. Call 737-5654.
* GREASE Kaimuki Performing Arts Center presents the musical Grease on weekends from Feb. 17 to March 4 in the high school auditorium, featuring a cast of students and alumni from seven schools. Tickets cost $12 and $6. Call 7334913.
* FENG SHUI Clear Englebert, author of Feng Shui for Hawaii Gardens, signs copies of his book and discusses it at 11 a.m. Feb. 18 at Barnes & Noble Kahala. Call 737-3323.
* BLOSSOMS The 15 Cherry Blossom Queen contestants make a public appearance at noon Feb. 18 at Kahala Mall. Call 949-2255.
* FREEDIVING Sonny Tanabe, author of The Evolution of Freediving, signs copies of his book and discusses it at 1 p.m. Feb. 18 at Barnes & Noble Kahala. Call 737-3323.
* MARKETING Kate Kelly Smith, publisher of House Beautiful, discusses the importance of reinventing America’s oldest and largest shelter magazine at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at Kahala Hotel & Resort. She is guest speaker at a meeting of the Honolulu chapter of Sales and Marketing Executives International. Call 594-7391.
* MOZART HITS Newsman Joe Moore hosts a musical countdown of Mozart’s 25 greatest opera hits at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 25 at Diamond Head Theatre, performed by the Spring Wind Octet. Call 489-5038.
* FENG SHUI Clear Englebert, author of Feng Shui for Hawaii Gardens, discusses outdoor uses for feng shui at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 25 at Aina Haina Library. Call 377-2456.
* HOT RODS Hawaii Kai Towne Center host the East End Hot Rod Car Show from 6:30 to 10 p.m. Feb. 25, starting with an engine-roaring parade through the parking lot. Food and prizes also are in store. Call 227-0988.
* ROYAL MUSIC The Royal Hawaiian Band will perform at 2 p.m. Feb. 26 at Kahala Mall. Call 9225331.
* SOFTBALL The East Honolulu Girls Softball Club (“The Strikers”) has registration for Fastpitch play through Feb. 29 for ages 14 and under for the spring season. For forms and details, go to ehgs.us.
* GIRLS SCIENCE Sacred Hearts Academy hosts a free public Science Symposium for Girls from 8 to 11:30 a.m. March 3 for grades 5-8 and parents. They will explore careers in math, science, engineering and technology. Call 7345058, ext. 262.
* MCF MARKET Maunalua Communities Foundation hosts its First Sunday Open Market from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 4 at Koko Marina Center near First Hawaiian Bank. Go to email@example.com.
* FLAG FOOTBALL The 808 Ohana Flag Football league is registering players age 4 to 17 for its Kapahulu team for the upcoming season. Also needed: coaches. Email Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MARTIAL ARTS The U.S. Tae Kwon Do Center has classes in Indonesian martial arts from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Sunday at Niu Valley Shopping Center for ages 16 and up. Monthly fee is $60. Call 386-0559.
* ZUMBA, TOTS Kahala Mall hosts Zumba with Isle Fitness at 8 a.m. Saturdays in the theater rotunda (3516921) and Toddler Time at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays at center court (732-7736).