East Oahu Highlights
Send East Oahu items by fax to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition is Dec. 18, and deadline is Dec. 11.
* SUMMITS State Rep. Gene Ward’s chief of staff Paige Altonn hosts a “coffee summit” from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 3 at Zippy’s and a “beer summit” from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5 at Kona Brewing Co. Pub, both in Koko Marina Center. Call 586-6420.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Dec. 3 at Kapiolani Community College, 9 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Dec. 12 at Food-land headquarters on Harding Avenue, and 7-10:45 a.m. Dec. 15 at Hawaii Kai Library. Call 848-4770.
* NEIGHBORS Kuliouou-Kalani Iki Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 5 at Aina Haina Library, Palolo meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 11 at Palolo Elementary cafeteria, and Kaimuki meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 18 at Kaimuki Christian Church. Call 768-3710.
* CRAFT FAIR Hawaii Kai Church Early Learning Center has a Celebration Lane craft fair from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. Dec. 6 at 265 Lunalilo Home Road with jewelry, baked goods, plants, clothing, ornaments and much more. Call 395-7854.
* PIANO MUSIC Pianists Ralph Hedges and Maria Rios play Christmas music on electric piano at 2 p.m. Dec. 7 at Aina Haina Library. Call 377-2456.
* TREES, WREATHS Sacred Hearts Academy has a tree and wreath sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 7-8, with proceeds benefiting 2015 Project Grad Night. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
* ART WORKSHOPS Art Explorium leads workshops in Kaimuki on greeting cards Dec. 8 and ornament-making Dec. 15, both at 1 p.m. For fees and details, call 312-4316.
* VEGGIE TALKVegan triathlete and cancer survivor Ruth Heidrich discusses “Why Raw?” at 7 p.m. Dec 10 at the Vegetarian Society of Hawaii meeting at Ala Wai Clubhouse. Call 944-8344.
* ROCKY HORROR Kaimuki Performing Arts Center has tryouts Dec. 11-13 for The Rocky Horror Show in the high school auditorium. Call 733-4900.
* UNCLE WAYNE Uncle Wayne Watkins and the Howling Dog Band play a sing-along concert at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 14 at Hawaii Kai Library. Call 397-5833.
* WETLAND WORK Volunteers are invited to join Livable Hawaii Kai Hui for a community work-day from 8 a.m. to noon Dec. 14 at Hawea Heiau and Keawawa Wetland Complex. Meet near Kea-hole Street (banner on fence). Call 864-8081.
* AUDITIONS Diamond Head Theatre has tryouts at 7 p.m Dec. 13 and 2 p.m Dec. 15 for Stepping Out. Call 733-0277. * MINI ART Koa Art Gallery at KCC presents a Mixed Media Miniature exhibit through Dec. 18. Call 734-9374.
* MAKAPUU HIKE Sierra Club leads at 3-mile moderate hike along the Makapuu coast Dec. 21. Call Ed at 223-5765.
* MALL ONSTAGE Kahala Mall has booked a variety of free entertainment nearly every day, now through Dec. 23 on center stage. Call 732-7736.
* SHARE LOVE Subaru Hawaii and Big Brothers Big Sisters sponsor a drive for clothing and household items now through Dec. 31 at collection bins at five dealerships, including the Servco Subaru Waialae location in Kaimuki in its annual “Share the Love” campaign. Call 564-2329.
* BOOK SALE The Friends of Hawaii Kai Library book store is open from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Monday, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, and 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday in the library basement. All craft and hobby books are half price in December. Call 397-5833.
* LOGO ART Maunalua Bay Festival’s logo art contest deadline is Dec. 28 for T-shirt and poster designs for its July 4 promotions. Visit mcfhawaii.org.
* WEIGHT LOSS Kaiser Permanente hosts ongoing Weight Watchers meetings at 6 p.m. Thursdays at its clinic in Hawaii Kai Executive Plaza. Call 1-800-651-6000.
* INTELLECTUAL Kapiolani Community College has a class from 6 to 8 p.m. each Thursday in Intellectual Property Management in Manono 104, designed for companies and entrepreneurs. Fee is $35. Call 734-9211.