East Oahu Highlights
Send East Oahu items by fax to 585-6324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The next edition is Nov. 6, and deadline is Oct. 30.
* DHT MUSICAL Diamond Head Theatre presents Cabaret! Sept. 27-Oct. 13 with evening and matinee performances. Call 733-0274 for tickets.
* KAISER PLAY Kaiser High School’s Black Box Theatre presents The Fantasticks! at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 4 and 5, the first production of the school’s expanded drama program. Tickets cost $8 and $6. Call 394-1200, ext. 2319.
* ENERGY FAIR Hawaiian Electric Co. sponsors a Clean Energy Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 5 at Kahala Mall near Macy’s, featuring displays, games, prizes, performances and a job booth. Call 543-7511.
* CREATURES Art Explorium has a fall-break workshop on Halloween creatures made from recycled materials at 10 a.m. Oct. 9 at 1142 Koko Head Ave. Fee is $15 per child. Call 312-4316.
* KALANI REUNION The Kalani High School Class of 1993 plans a 20-year reunion Oct. 12 and 13. Call Kimber at 864-8765 or email email@example.com.
* AUDITIONS Diamond Head Theatre holds auditions for its holiday play Elf at 7 p.m. Oct. 18, and 2 p.m. Oct. 19 and 20 at its rehearsal hall, 520 Makapuu Ave. The play runs Dec. 6-22. Call 733-0277.
* THIRD FRIDAY Third Friday Kaimuki runs from 6 to 9 p.m. (or later) Oct. 18, featuring dozens of restaurants, shops and bars on Waialae between Koko Head and 8th avenues. Merchants offer entertainment, demonstrations and free product samples, including glass blowing, health foods and live performances. Visit kaimukihawaii.com.
* HIFF FILM Keo Woolford’s independent drama The Haumana premiers at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 20 at Koko Marina Theaters (and 5 p.m. at Hawaii Theatre Center). Tickets cost $20 and began selling Sept. 23 at hiff.org/filmsevents/box-office-tickets.