East Oahu Highlights
Send items by fax to 585-6324 or email email@example.com. The next edition is Sept. 4, and deadline is Aug. 28.
* BLONDE Diamond Head Theatre has added showings of Legally Blonde The Musical at 8 p.m. Aug. 9 and 10 and 4 p.m. Aug. 11. Call 733-0274.
* AUDITIONS Diamond Head Theatre holds auditions at 7 p.m. Aug. 9 and 2 p.m. Aug. 10 and 11 for Cabaret. Call 733-0277.
* WETLAND WORK Livable Hawaii Kai Hui has an open house and workday from 8 a.m. to noon Aug. 10 at Hawea Heiau and Keawawa Wetland Complex (864-8081).
* CHEF DEMO Food-land chef Keoni Chang and MA’O Farms’ Gary Maunakea-Forth have a free demonstration at 11 a.m. Aug. 10 at Foodland Farms. On the menu are lacinato kale and pulled huli chicken salad with creamy shoyu-sesame dressing. Call 738-6245.
* FARM TALK Sprout Hawaii offers a free seminar for young farmers from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Aug. 10 at KCC with expert speakers and practical information for “the next crop of artisan producers.” Register at sprouthawaiioahu.eventbrite.com.
* KEIKI DAY Kahala Mall hosts “Keiki Day” from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. l0 with free entertainment, crafts, prizes, keiki ID, photo booth, Kalani High’s robotics bristle bots, Mad Science and the all-girl pop-rock band Crimson Apple. Call 732-7736.
* STARGAZING Hawaiian Astronomical Society has a free “star party” from 7:05 to 10 p.m. Aug. 10 at Kahala Community Park, 4495 Pahoa Ave. Call 683-0118.
* HUKI KULIOUOU Malama Maunalua volunteers meet from 8:50 a.m. to noon Aug. 10 and 21 at Kuliouou Beach Park for a “huki” work day to remove algae from Paiko beach. Call 395-5050.
* ROYAL MUSIC The Royal Hawaiian Band plays at 2 p.m Aug. 11 at Kahala Mall. Call 922-5331.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Aug. 11 at Hawaii Kai Library and 8 a.m.-noon Aug. 17 at Hawaii Kai LDS Stake gym. Call 848-4770.
* ST. LOUIS MEETS St. Louis Heights Community Association meets at 7 p.m. Aug. 12 at Hokulani Elementary. Call 737-5654.
* FOOD HEALTH Activist Melanie Joy presents “Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism” at 7 p.m. Aug. 13 at Ala Wai Clubhouse, 404 Kapahulu Ave. Call 944-8344.
* THIRD FRIDAY Third Friday Kaimuki is 6-9 p.m. Aug. 16 with merchant activities on Waialae between Koko Head and 8th avenues. Visit kaimukihawaii.com.
* SUNSET SERENADE Hawaii Kai Towne Center presents Amy Hanaiali’i at 5:30 p.m. Aug. 24 on stage for its Sunset Serenade finale. Call 396-0766.
* HOME SALES Kahala Associates’ Senior Concierge Program hosts the free talk “Selling Your Current Home” Aug. 24 at Waialae Country Club (469-324).
* BON DANCE Kapahulu Center has its bon dance at 6 p.m. Aug. 24 at 3410 Campbell Ave. with activities starting at 4. Call 737-1748.
* MINI FAIR Market City Shopping Center has a mini fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 31 with craft vendors and a wide range of gifts. More vendors are welcome. Call 479-5525.