East Oahu Highlights
Send East Oahu items by fax to 585-6324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The next edition is July 3, and deadline is June 26.
* FOOD SITES The state low-income summer food program is at Palolo Elementary (733-4700), Kaimuki High (733-4900) and Anuenue (733-8465) serving free breakfast and/or lunch for all children.
* SUMMITS State Rep. Gene Ward has a “coffee summit” at 5:30 p.m. June 4 at Zippy’s and a “beer summit” at 5:30 p.m. June 6 at Kona Brewing Co. Pub, both in Koko Marina Center. Call 586-6420.
* TOWN HALL State Rep. Bert Kobayashi hosts a “Lawmakers Listen” town hall from 6:30 to 8 p.m. June 5 at Waialae Elementary with House committee chairs reporting and listening to residents. Call 586-6310.
* SENIOR TOPICS Hawaii Kai Retirement Community invites seniors to a nutrition and hydration talk at 10:30 a.m. June 7; a classic car show at noon June 8; and a Father’s Day barbecue at 10:30 a.m. June 9. Call 395-9500.
* AUDITIONS Diamond Head Theatre holds tryouts for Legally Blonde The Musical at 7 p.m. June 7, and 2 p.m. June 8 and 9 at its rehearsal hall. Call 733-0277, ext. 309.
* CLASSIC CARS Kahala Mall has a classic car and truck show from 2 to 8 p.m. June 8, plus a food drive, antique fire truck rides, keiki activities, prizes and music. Call 732-7736.
* ORGANIZED Simply Organized marks its first year at Kahala Mall with workshops, demonstrations and more now through June 15. Call 739-7007. * BONSAI Pacific Bonsai Club has its exhibit and plant fair from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 9 at Kilauea District Park. Call Wayne at 737-7156.
* ST. LOUIS MEETS St. Louis Heights Community Association meets at 7 p.m. June 10 at Hokulani school. Call 737-5654.
* LIFE HELP Real Life Seminars starts a 12-part weekly series at 7 p.m. June 18 at Kings Chapel in Niu Valley Center on marriage, financial peace and more. Call 373-7416.
* ORCHESTRA Oahu Civic Orchestra plays a free concert of “Celebrated Classics” at 4 p.m. June 30 at Ala Wai Golf Course Palladium. Call 261-6127.
* ACUPUNCTURE A licensed acupuncturist shares acupuncture and other traditional Chinese medicine treatments at 10:30 a.m. June 29 at Hawaii Kai Library. Call 397-5833.