Downtown Shop Around
HGEA HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR
After a three-year hiatus, the Hawaii Government Employees Association (HGEA) Holiday Craft Fair is back and will offer a wide variety of craft items for sale Wednesday, Dec. 3, and Thursday, Dec. 4, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at HGEA headquarters on the corner of Queen and Mililani streets.
Holiday vendors will showcase many special items ranging from handmade Niihau shell jewelry to mini Christmas trees and ikebana to quilts and more. This popular downtown Honolulu craft fair has been an annual tradition for nearly 20 years.
The event is free and open to the public. Food trucks will be parked on the mall. Limited metered street parking will be available. All proceeds raised by HGEA will be donated to Aloha United Way.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 543-0000.
SHOP, LOW TEA AND FASHION SHOW AT DESIGN CENTER
Shop from local fashion and jewelry designers at a special one-day boutique Dec. 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Cupola Theatre in Honolulu Design Center. Vendors include Ari South, Kim Taylor Reece, Pualani Swimwear, Sky Dreams & Friends, Colleen’s Vintage Collection, Catherine’s Closet Vintage Boutique, Full Fathom Five Hawaii, Salt Water Swim, Paradisus Jewelry and more. The boutique is open to the public, and entry is free. Also Dec. 6, enjoy low tea and a fashion show with designer Ari South at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at Stage Restaurant in Honolulu Design Center. Cost is $38.95 per person. Reservations are required; call 237-5429. Honolulu Design Center is located at 1250 Kapiolani Blvd.
DOWNTOWN SHOP AROUND
Nearly 50 locally owned establishments in Honolulu’s historic downtown and Chinatown districts once again will be offering special deals, trunk shows and unique gifts this holiday season. Events include:
* Nov. 28 (Black Friday Kick-Off) Doors open at 7 a.m. with special sales and discounts. Several downtown eateries also will provide free gifts with receipts from participating retailers.
* Nov. 29 (Shop Small Saturday) Enjoy more local savings at dozens of stores.
* Dec. 1 (Cyber Monday) -Many merchants will move their sales online for even greater deals.
* Dec. 5 (First Friday) This month’s ADMA-sponsored art walk will have a very special holiday feel with window displays and street performers.
* Dec. 12 and 19 (Holiday Happy Hours) Merchants will be open late with special trunk shows and will offer refreshments. Santa also will make appearances.
Participating merchants include APB Skateshop, Art Treasures Gallery, Barrio Vintage, Blank Canvas, Fighting Eel, Ginger 13, Homecoming, Hound & Quail, House of Aria, In4mation, Island Keepsakes, La Muse, Louis Pohl Gallery, Madre Chocolate, Mojo Barbershop, Owens & Co., Pegge Hopper Gallery, Roberta Oaks, Tin Can Mailman and more.
For more information, visit downtownshoparound.com.