Central Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of what’s happening in Central Oahu. Fax items by March 7 to 585-6324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The next edition comes out March 14.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Feb. 25 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* FILM NIGHTS Turtle Bay Resort’s Surfer, the Bar screens the film Get a Job at 7 p.m. Feb. 26 with Brian Kohne. Admission is $10, $8 and $5. Upcoming films and talks include Heart of a Soul Surfer March 4 with Bethany, Noah and director Becky Hamilton. Call 436-4326.
* NEIGHBORS Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 21 at Mililani Mauka Elementary, Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 22 at Mililani Rec Center III, and North Shore meets at 7 p.m. Feb. 28 at Haleiwa Elementary. For updates, call 768-3710.
* CAR SEATS Kaiser Permanente’s Waipio Clinic conducts free child car and booster seat inspections from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Feb. 24 at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2260 for an appointment.
* ART WALK The monthly Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. Feb. 25 in Haleiwa town, featuring sales, activities and events hosted by dozens of merchants. Call 6374558.
* WOMEN’S PRO The annual SeaHawaii Women’s Pro at Pipeline surf meet is set for March 1-15 (holding period) at the Bonzai Pipeline, featuring shortboard, longboard and bodyboard events. For updates, call 596-7873 or go to pipegirls.com.
* KALUA PIG Waialua High 2012 Project Grad is selling kalua pig and kulolo for $7 and rice pudding for $5, with pickup on March 10. For presale tickets, call Shalynn Ash at 927-0837.
* AEROBIC DANCE Malia Delapenia introduces a new aerobic dance class, Shimmy Fitness, at 7:15 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Rec Center I for MTA members and the public. Call 234-1006.
* AIKIDO Mililani Aikido Club practices Tuesday and Thursday nights at Mililani District Park gym. Call 623-8937.
* FLAG FOOTBALL The 808 Ohana Flag Football league is registering players age 4 to 17 for the upcoming season in Mililani. Also needed are coaches and teams for Wahiawa, Haleiwa and Waialua. Call Travis at 864-1903 or email email@example.com.
* FOOTBALL HELP Mililani Football Association seeks volunteer head coaches for football and cheerleading in preparation for the August 2012 Pop Warner season. Experience and references are required. Call 622-2056 for interview. Volunteers for other administrative duties also are needed.
* HULA Kumu hula Ali’i Manu conducts non-competitive hula classes (auana, kahiko and the aloha spirit) for the community at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary School. Men and women ages 15 and up are welcome. Call 478-2400.
* PARK HOURS Wahiawa Freshwater State Recreation Area and Malaekahana State Recreation Area are open on a winter schedule from 7 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. daily. Call 587-0320.