Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central Oahu notices to email@example.com by Jan. 21 for the Jan. 28 edition.
• COUPON SWAP Kahuku Library hosts free, volunteer-led coupon swapping from 9 to 11 a.m. Jan. 14 (and every second Wednesday). Call 293-8935.
• BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 15 at Kahuku High, 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Jan. 17 and 31 at Mililani Town Center, and 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Jan. 30 at BYU-Hawaii’s Cannon Activities Center. Call 848-4770.
• MUSIC Musician Kaimi Hanano‘eau plays from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Jan. 16 with the band HiRiZ at Kemoo Farms Pub and Grill, $5 cover (621-1835); 7-10 p.m. Jan. 17 at Banzai Sushi Bar in North Shore Marketplace (637-4404); and 7-10 p.m. Jan. 26 at Surfer the Bar at Turtle Bay Resort (293-6000).
• BOOK SALE Friends of Waialua Library has a book sale of “great finds” from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 17. Call 637-8286.
• OHANA Waimea Valley sponsors La Ohana (family day) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 18 (and every third Sunday), with half-price admission for kamaaina and military. The day offers a scavenger hunt, stories, hula, lei making, petroglyph rubs, cultural demonstrations and makahiki games. Call 638-7766.
• HOLIDAY All public schools and libraries are closed Jan. 19 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The Wahiawa and Waialua libraries also will close Jan. 20.
• STORIES Mililani Library has a free preschool storytime at 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 20-Feb. 24, for keiki ages 2 to 5 (and a parent). Call 627-7470.
• NEIGHBORS Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 20 at Mililani Mauka Elementary School, Wahiawa meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 26 at Wahiawa District Park’s Hale Koa room, North Shore meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 27 in Waialua Elementary School cafeteria, and Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 28 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
• READERS The Waialua Library readers group meets at 11 a.m. Jan. 22 to discuss its pick of the month: Telegraph Days by Larry McMurtry. Call 637-8286.
• SKETCHERSWaialua Library hosts a new Waialua Sketchers group, meeting at 11 a.m. Jan. 24 (and every fourth Saturday). Bring sketchbook, pencils, pens and a object for a group still-life. Call 637-8286.
• BIKE PATH HELP Malama Ke Ala Pupukea Bike Path plans a workday from 2 to 5 p.m. Jan. 25, with volunteers meeting in the open space at the start of Ke Nui Road by Sunset Beach bridge. Closed-toe shoes are recommended. Email Vance Farrant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WAHIAWA HIKE Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 3.9-mile intermediate ridge hike in the Wahiawa Hills at 8 a.m. Jan. 25. Visit htmclub.org.
• COLLEGE PLANS Hawaii USA Federal Credit Union and Hawaii Association for College Admission Counseling present a free college planning workshop at 7 p.m. Jan. 29 at Mililani High School, including a free workbook for each family in attendance. Call 627-7747.
• BEACH CLEANUP Adopt-A-Beach Hawaii leads its monthly North Shore cleanup at 10 a.m. Jan. 31, starting from Chun’s Reef. Call 637-2211.
• JAZZERCISE Kate Moore leads low-impact, one-hour Jazzercise classes at 6:15 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Rec Center 3, and 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.
• GARDENERS Mililani Garden Club meets at 9:30 a.m. on the third Thursday at Mililani Mauka Rec Center 6 for a program, demonstration or excursion. The public is welcome. Call 637-0488.