Central Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of Central Oahu events. Fax items by June 6 to 585-6324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The next edition comes out June 13.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 to 10:30 a.m. May 31 at Mililani Town Center, 7:45 a.m.-3 p.m. June 1 at Wahiawa General Hospital, 7:30 a.m.-noon June 10 at Wahiawa Town Center, and 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m. June 11 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
* BANDSTAND Na Lei Nani o Waialua Hula Halau dances at 4 p.m. June 3 at Waialua Bandstand, courtesy of Island X Hawaii. Call 637-9721.
* SOCCER TRYOUTS Ka’oi Soccer Club has a free tryout from 9 a.m. to noon June 9 at CORP for boys and girls ages 7 to 19. Call 864-2971.
* BRITISH SOCCER North Shore AYSO hosts a British Coaches Youth Soccer Camp June 11-15 at Haleiwa Beach Park for ages 5 to 16 with full- and half-day sessions. Email email@example.com.
* BOOKS, BAKES The Friends of Waialua Library have their seventh annual Book and Bake Sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 16 at the library. Call 637-9751.
* FOOTBALL CAMP The All-Poly Football Camp runs June 20-23 at Kaiser High School, where more than 20 collegiate coaches will train and observe local youths. The camp includes a Nike combine June 20 and is run by Brian and Ottilia Te’o of Laie, parents of Notre Dame football star Manti Te’o. Go to allpolysports.com.
* BON DANCE Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission has its bon dance at 7 p.m. June 22 and 23, and practices for it are at 1 p.m. June 3 and 10 and noon June 17 at the temple, 1067 California Ave. Call 392-3253.
* PREP FOOTBALL Hawaii State Jr. Prep Sports Association is accepting football registration for the fall season for grades 4-6 and 7-8, with teams based in Wahiawa, Waikele and elsewhere. Go to hawaiistatejrprep.com or call 692-3589.
* PANTHERS The nonprofit Waipio Panthers football league signs up players age 5 to 13 through the end of June for flag and tackle football (depending on age). Teams practice at CORP and other sites. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* BLUEGRASS Mililani Library hosts the North Shore Ramblers bluegrass show at 2 p.m. June 23. Call 627-7470.
* OSHIRO FORUM State Rep. Marcus Oshiro conducts a post-session forum from 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 10 at Wahiawa District Park. Call 586-6200.