Central Oahu Highlights
Email event items to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 3 for the Dec. 10 edition.
* NEIGHBORS North Shore meets at 7 p.m. Nov. 25 at Waialua Elementary cafeteria, and Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 26 at Mililani Rec Center 3. These and all other area boards will recess in December. Call 768-3710.
* VETS ON TV ‘Olelo Channel 53 broadcasts the Wahiawa Veterans Day Parade at 9 a.m. Nov. 27, 6 p.m. Nov. 30, 2:30 p.m. Dec. 1 and 8 a.m. Dec. 2. Call Angela at 392-6942.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Nov. 28 at Wahiawa General Hospital, and 7-11:45 a.m. Dec. 6 and 24 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
* BENEFIT SALE Mililani 10-s Kidz tennis team has its benefit garage sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 29 at Mililani High School to support its league play. Call 371-4007.
* ART WALK Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. Nov. 29 in Haleiwa town, featuring sales and activities from dozens of merchants. Call 637-4558.
* BEACH CLEANUP Save the Sea Turtles and Adopt a Beach Hawaii have a beach cleanup at 10 a.m. Nov. 29 on the North Shore. Call 637-2211.
* WINTER FAIR Hawaii Okinawa Center has a winter craft fair from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 29 and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 30 at 94-587 Ukee St. The event welcomes non-perishable food for Hawaii Foodbank. Call 676-5400.
* CHAMBER PARTY North Shore Chamber of Commerce has its annual Christmas party at 6 p.m. Dec. 3 at Waimea Valley’s Pikake Pavilion. Call 637-4558.
* READERS Waialua Library’s readers group meets at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 4 to discuss Homer’s The Odyssey. Call 637-8286.
* SANTA PARADE Wahiawa Community and Business Association has its Wahiawa Town Santa Parade at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 5, moving down California Avenue from Ka’ala Elementary to Center Street. Call 348-2238.
* ST. MICHAEL’S St. Michael’s School has is Holiday Extravaganza from 4 to 9 p.m. Dec. 5 with food, gifts, sweets, crafts, a silent auction and more. Call 637-7772, ext. 215.
* FOOD BANK Waialua Community Association hosts a benefit for the North Shore Food Bank from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 6 in the gym with food, gifts, jewelry and more. Call 637-3138.
* BANDSTANDWaialua Bandstand has a Bluegrass Special with music by North Shore Ramblers and Sam and the Sumo Ninjaz at 4 p.m. Dec. 7. Call 637-9721.
* MILILANI MARCH Mililani’s Christmas parade begins at 9 a.m. Dec. 6 at Mililani High, goes past Mililani Shopping Center and ends at Mililani Town
Center. Both centers plan holiday festivities around the parade. Call 722-6467.
* WRITERS Waialua Library’s writers group meets at 11 a.m. Dec. 6 to share childhood stories. Call 637-8286.
* CRAFTERS Waialua Library’s new crafters group meets at 11 a.m. Dec. 6 to share projects, tips and techniques. Call 637-8286.
* MISSION CRAFTS Wahiawa Ryusenji Fujinkai has its craft fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 6 at Soto Mission at 164 California Ave. Call 622-1429.
* CHURCH TEA Wahiawa United Methodist Church serves “A Christmas Tea” at 6 p.m. Dec. 6 and 11:30 a.m. Dec. 7 Donation is $20. Call 622-4361.