Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central Oahu event items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 585-6324. The next edition is March 12, and the deadline is March 5.
* BUSINESS EXPO Deadline is Feb. 28 for sponsors and exhibitors to sign up for the sixth annual Business Expo, “The North Shore Experience: Learn, Grow, Prosper,” set for May 2 at Waimea Valley. Call North Shore Chamber of Commerce at 637-4558.
* DOLE FUN DAY Dole Plantation hosts its annual Family Fun Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 1 with music, hula, arts and crafts, keiki games, prizes, food booths and exhibits. Call 220-4981.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. March 1 and 15 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
* BANDSTAND Waialua Bandstand hosts entertainment by Na Leo Nahenahe O Na Kupuna (tentative) at 4 p.m. March 2. Call 637-9721.
* AUTHORS NIGHT Waialua Library hosts Authors Night from 6:30 to 8 p.m. March 6, featuring Jerry Burris and Ken Kobayashi (Judge Sam King, A Memoir), Leighton Chong (Song of Planet Earth) Vincent Daubenspeck (Kohola, King of the Whales) and Waimea Williams (presenting for the late June Gutmanis’ Hawaiian Herbal Medicine). The program includes pupus and door prizes. Call 637-8286.
* EAT STREETS Mililani Town Association hosts “Eat the Street” from 2 to 7 p.m. March 8 at Mililani Rec Center 7 and seeks non-food vendors to complement the food trucks and entertainment. Call 623-7110.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. March 8 and 22 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* BREAKFAST The Mililani Lions Club benefit breakfast begins at 6 a.m. March 9 in Mililani High cafeteria. For details, email email@example.com.
* CAREGIVERS The Central Oahu Caregivers conduct a support group at 7 p.m. March 13 at Wahiawa General Hospital. Everyone is welcome. Call 623-6707. * PLANT DOCTOR Plant doctor Erin Purple offers a free diagnosis of your sick plants from 9 to 10 a.m. March 13 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Call for reservations, and bring the ailing greenery. Call 522-7066.
* BOOK SALE Friends of Waialua Library have a book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 15. Call 637-8286.
* OHANA Waimea Valley sponsors La Ohana (family day) March 16, with half-price admission for kamaaina and military families. The day includes a scavenger hunt, stories, hula, lei making, petroglyph rubs, cultural demonstrations and makahiki games. La Ohana is planned for the third Sunday of each month through December 2014. Call 638-7766.
* SOCCER CAMP The “I Got Skills” spring break soccer camp is set for from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 17-21 at Central Oahu Regional Park for boys and girls ages 6 to 14 years old. Visit igotskills.com.
* GARDEN CLUB Mililani Garden Club meets at 9:30 a.m. March 20 (and the third Thursday of each month) at Mililani Mauka Rec Center 6. Call 637-0488 or 678-2624.
* SENIOR CLASSES Anuenue Hale Wellness Center at Halemano offers a variety of free weekday classes and activities for seniors, injured war veterans and those with disabilities. Call Yvonne at 622-3929.
* ZUMBA Debbie Rosario leads ongoing Zumba classes at 6:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. Saturday at Mililani Waena Elementary. Fee is $5 per class or $45 per month. Call 780-5640.
* ALZHEIMER HELP An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month at The Plaza in Mililani. Call 591-2771.
* MILILANI SENIORS The Mililani Golden Years seniors club meets from 9:30 a.m. to noon Fridays at Mililani District Park for planned activities. All residents age 55 and older are welcome. Call 623-5258.
* PUPUKEA SENIORS Pohai Na Makua o Pupukea seniors club meets monthly at 9:30 a.m. on the first Tuesday, August through May, at Sunset Beach Recreation Center. Call 638-7213.
* HALEIWA SENIORS The Haleiwa Seniors club meets from 8 to 11:30 a.m. every Thursday at Waialua Community Association, across from Haleiwa post office. Arts and crafts teachers also are welcome to assist. Call 637-4606.
* WAHIAWA SENIORS The city sponsors weekly programs and activities for the Wahiawa Rainbows at 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Wahiawa District Park. Call 621-5663.
* WHITMORE SENIORS The city sponsors weekly programs and activities for Whitmore Seniors Club at 9 a.m. Fridays at Whitmore Community Park. Call 622-2420.
* MASTERS SWIM The Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center offers a U.S. Masters swimming program, meeting at 7 p.m. each Monday and Wednesday at Central Oahu Regional Park. Call 677-8849.
* TOASTMASTERS Mililani Toastmasters Club meets at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Ike Elementary School to help members improve their public speaking and leadership skills. Call 220-5093.
* KAHUKU MUSIC Turtle Bay Resort’s Hang Ten lounge offers live local music from 6 p.m. each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Call 689-1800.
* STORIES, FILMS Wahiawa Library sponsors a free storytime from 6 to 7:15 p.m. each Thursday and a free Movie Night at 5 p.m. each Tuesday. Call 622-6345.
* PADDLE FITNESS Rainbow Watersports offers Stand Up Paddle Fitness classes Saturdays at Haleiwa Bay. Call 372-9304.
* HULA Kumu hula Ali’i Manu conducts non-competitive hula classes (auana, kahiko and the aloha spirit) for the community at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary School. Men and women ages 15 and up are welcome. Call 478-2400.
* ESCRIMA Patrick Delos Santos offers Kali Escrima classes in Filipino self-defense (stick fighting) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mililani Waena Elementary School. Fee is $50 per month. Call 398-0119.
* STRIDERS The Leeward Stroller Strides group meets at 8:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park, offering a fitness walk for moms and tots in strollers. Fee is $60 a month. A Schofield Barracks group meets at 8:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Call 398-6275.
* JAZZERCISE Kate Moore leads low-impact, one-hour Jazzercise classes at 6 and 7 p.m. Mondays at Mililani District Park, and beginners are welcome. She also leads Jazzercise at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.
* KEIKI COUNCIL The Central District North Community Children’s Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month in Mililani High School Room C101. All parents of children with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
* TECH PARK MART Hiraoka Farm sponsors a farmers market from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays at 100 Kahelu Ave. in Mililani Tech Park, featuring breads, plate lunches, desserts, flowers, local meat and produce and much more. Call 228-3714.
* QUEEN’S MARKET Liliuokalani Church offers a Queen’s Open Market from 1 to 5 p.m. Sundays in Haleiwa with fresh produce, ono food and hand-crafted local items. Booth fee is $30. Vendors and entertainers are invited to call 637-9364.
* NORTH SHORE MARKET The North Shore Country Market runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Sunset Beach Elementary School, selling Hawaii-made items exclusively. Vendors are welcome. Call 673-3296.
* WAIALUA FARMERS CO-OP The Waialua Farmers Co-op Market sells local produce, plants and more from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Waialua Sugar Mill. Call 637-4439.
* WAHIAWA MARKET A farmers market is open from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. each Thursday in the Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission parking lot at 1067 California Ave. Visit wahiawacdbo.org.
* HALEIWA MARKET Haleiwa Farmers Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. each Thursday in the Pikake Pavilion and main lawn at Waimea Valley. Call 388- 9696.
* MILILANI MARKET Mililani High School hosts a Farmers Market from 8 to 11 a.m. Sundays in the gym parking lot. Call 848-2074.
* CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce on Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at Wahiawa District Park and from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Mililani District Park. Call 522-7088.
* CONSERVATION The Oahu Army Natural Resource Program welcomes volunteers for its service trips and environmental outreach projects in the Waianae and Koolau mountains to control invasive weeds and more. Call Kim or Celeste at 656-7741.