Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central Oahu calendar items to email@example.com or fax them to 585-6324. The next edition is Jan. 29, and the deadline is Jan. 22.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 13 at Kahuku High School, 7 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Jan. 18 at Mililani Town Center, and 7:30 a.m.-3:45 p.m. Jan. 28 at Leilehua High School. Call 848-4770.
* MILILANI MUSIC The Ron Artis band entertains at 4 p.m. Jan. 17 at Mililani Town Center. Call 625-0108.
* PHONE BOOKS The Berry Company sponsors a phone book recycling bin from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 17 and every Friday through Sunday this month at Mililani Town Center near Tesoro. Visit thinkyellowgogreen.com.
* BOOK SALE Friends of Waialua Library have a book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 18 at the library. Call 637-8286.
* LIBRARIES CLOSED All public libraries are closed Jan. 20 for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday; the Wahiawa and Waialua branches also are closed Jan. 21.
* NEIGHBORS Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 21 at Mililani Mauka Elementary cafeteria, Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu board meets at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 22 at Mililani Rec Center III, Wahiawa-Whitmore Village board meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 27 at Wahiawa District Park, and North Shore meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria. Call 768-3710.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Jan. 25 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* ART WALK The monthly Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. Jan. 25 in Haleiwa town, featuring sales, activities and events hosted by dozens of merchants. Call 637-4558.
* NEW YEAR Mililani Town Center hosts a Chinese New Year celebration from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Jan. 25 featuring the Asian Lion Dance Team. Call 625-0108.
* CAR SHOW Mililani High and Hazardiz car club present a Hazardiz Hawaii Car Show & Shine from noon to 6 p.m. Jan. 25 in the school’s front parking lot, featuring classic cars and hot rods, food, a keiki activity zone, swap meet and arts and crafts. Proceeds go to the senior class. Call 699-6731.
* EYEGLASSES Wahiawa Lions Club welcomes donations of used eyeglasses from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 25 at the Wahiawa Longs Drugs store; the Mililani Club’s “Lions in Sight” drive also is Jan. 25, at Mililani Walmart (222-2850).
* WAIMEA CLOSED Waimea Valley is closed this month for rock scaling maintenance and restaurant renovations and should reopen at the end of January (638-7766). During the closure, Haleiwa Farmers Market is open on Thursdays during special hours, 1 to 5 p.m., on the park’s main lawn only (388-9696).
* MASTERS SWIM The Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center offers a U.S. Masters swimming program, meeting at 7 p.m. each Monday and Wednesday at Central Oahu Regional Park. Call 677-8849.
* TOASTMASTERS Mililani Toastmasters Club meets at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Ike Elementary School to help members improve their public speaking and leadership skills. Call 220-5093.
* KAHUKU MUSIC Turtle Bay Resort’s Hang Ten lounge offers live local music from 6 p.m. each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Call 689-1800.
* STORIES, FILMS Wahiawa Library sponsors a free storytime from 6 to 7:15 p.m. each Thursday and a free Movie Night at 5 p.m. each Tuesday. Call 622-6345.
* LANGUAGES Language Wonderland conducts Saturday morning classes for keiki age 12 and younger in Japanese and Mandarin Chinese, as well as French, Spanish and Russian. Fee is $165 for 10 classes. Call 1-760-477-3310 or visit language-wonderland.com.
* PADDLE FITNESS Rainbow Watersports offers Stand Up Paddle Fitness classes Saturdays at Haleiwa Bay. Call 372-9304.
* HULA Kumu hula Ali’i Manu leads non-competitive hula classes (auana, kahiko and the aloha spirit) for the community at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary School. Men and women ages 15 and up are welcome. Call 478-2400.
* ESCRIMA Patrick Delos Santos offers Kali Escrima classes in Filipino self-defense (stick fighting) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mililani Waena Elementary School. Fee is $50 per month. Call 398-0119.
* STRIDERS The Leeward Stroller Strides group meets at 8:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park, offering a fitness walk for moms and tots in strollers. Fee is $60 a month. A Schofield Barracks group meets at 8:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Call 398-6275.
* JAZZERCISE Kate Moore leads low-impact, one-hour Jazzercise classes at 6 and 7 p.m. Mondays at Mililani District Park, and beginners are welcome. She also leads Jazzercise at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.
* KEIKI COUNCIL The Central District North Community Children’s Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month in Mililani High School Room C101. All parents of children with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
* TECH PARK MART Hiraoka Farm sponsors a farmers market from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays at 100 Kahelu Ave. in Mililani Tech Park, featuring breads, plate lunches, desserts, flowers, local meat and produce and much more. Call 228-3714.
* WAIPIO MARKET Kaiser Waipio Clinic hosts a “fresh day” market of healthy food and produce from 9 a.m. to noon each Wednesday at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2270.
* QUEEN’S MARKET Liliuokalani Church offers a Queen’s Open Market from 1 to 5 p.m. Sundays in Haleiwa with fresh produce, ono food and hand-crafted local items. Booth fee is $30. Vendors and entertainers are invited to call 637-9364.
* NORTH MARKET The North Shore Country Market runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Sunset Beach Elementary School, selling Hawaii-made items exclusively. Vendors are welcome. Call 673-3296.
* WAIALUA CO-OP The Waialua Farmers Coop Market sells local produce, plants and more from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Waialua Sugar Mill. Call 637-4439.
* WAHIAWA MART A farmers market is open from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. each Thursday in the Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission parking lot at 1067 California Ave. Visit wahiawacdbo.org.
* HALEIWA MART Haleiwa Farmers Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. each Thursday in the Pikake Pavilion and main lawn at Waimea Valley (except for this month when the park is closed: Hours are 1 to 5 p.m. on the lawn only.) Call 388-9696.
* MILILANI MART Mililani High School hosts a farmers market from 8 to 11 a.m. Sundays in the gym parking lot. Call 848-2074.
* CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce on Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at Wahiawa District Park and from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Mililani District Park. Call 522-7088.
* CONSERVATION The Oahu Army Natural Resource Program welcomes volunteers for its service trips and environmental outreach projects in the Waianae and Koolau mountains to control invasive weeds and more. Call Kim or Celeste at 656-7741.
* WRITERS The Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month at the library. Call 637-8286.
* BALLET Weinberg Community Center has ballet classes for children (ages 4 to 18) at 67-174 Farrington Hwy. in Waialua. Call Kristin Rivers at 623-9062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts SUP Yoga (yoga on a stand up paddle board) at 9:30 a.m. Sundays at Anahulu Stream in Haleiwa for $10 per lesson (bring your own board). Other training also is available. Call Aloha SUP Yoga at 627-9444 or email email@example.com.
* AIKIDO Mililani Aikido Club practices Tuesday and Thursday nights at Mililani District Park gym. Call 623-8937.
* KAHUKU MUSIC Turtle Bay Resort has three venues offering live music and/or hula several weeknights and weekend dates each month. Call 779-5546.
* GROUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts group yoga classes at 7 p.m. Tuesdays in Mililani Recreation Center 6 for MTA members ($10) and guests ($11). Call 627-9444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* YOGA North Shore Yoga Co-op has yoga classes for all ages at the Weinberg Community Center in Waialua. Donations are appreciated. Call 561-9639 or go to northshoreyoga.org.
* AEROBIC DANCE Malia Delapenia offers the aerobic dance class, Shimmy Fitness, at 7:15 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Rec Center I for MTA members and the public. Call 234-1006.
* MILILANI CLUB The Mililani Golden Years seniors club meets from 9:30 a.m. to noon Fridays at Mililani District Park for planned activities. All residents age 55 and older are welcome. Call 623- 5258.
* PUPUKEA CLUB Pohai Na Makua o Pupukea seniors club meets monthly at 9:30 a.m. on the first Tuesday, August through May, at Sunset Beach Recreation Center. Call 638-7213.
* HALEIWA CLUB The Haleiwa Seniors club meets from 8 to 11:30 a.m. every Thursday at Waialua Community Association, across from Haleiwa post office. Arts and crafts teachers also are welcome to assist. Call 637-4606.
* WAHIAWA CLUB The city sponsors weekly programs and activities for the Wahiawa Rainbows at 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Wahiawa District Park. Call 621-5663.
* WHITMORE CLUB The city sponsors weekly programs and activities for Whitmore Seniors Club at 9 a.m. Fridays at Whitmore Community Park. Call 622-2420.
* MARTIAL ARTS Galius Northshore Martial Art offers free karate-style classes for all ages from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays at Waialua Community Association. Call 637-4606.
* LAUGHS Augie & Lanai’s Comedy Shack is in the house from 6:30 to 9 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month at Dot’s in Wahiawa. Show time is 8 p.m., and admission is $12. For updates in the schedule, call 479-0576.
* ZUMBA Debbie Rosario leads ongoing Zumba classes at 6:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. Saturday at Mililani Waena Elementary. Fee is $5 per class or $45 per month. Call 780-5640.
* LIVE MUSIC Kemoo Farms has live music from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. every Friday and Saturday at The Pub and Lakeside Lanai for ages 21 and older. Cover is $5. Call 621-1835.
* STAR PARTY Hawaiian Astronomical Society brings its telescopes and know-how to Dillingham Airfield from 6 p.m. to midnight for a monthly star-gazing party. The public is welcome but there are restrictions. For details, visit hawastsoc.org.
* ORCHIDS The Kunia Orchid Society meets on the first Tuesday of every month from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Mililani District Park. Call 221-8269.