Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central Oahu items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 585-6324. The next edition is Dec. 25, and deadline is Dec. 18.
* McTEACHERS Kaala Elementary School plans a benefit “McTeachers Night” from 4 to 7 p.m. Dec. 10 at Wahiawa Mc-Donald’s. Call 622-6366.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Dec. 10 at Waialua Intermediate and High, 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 21 at Mililani Town Center, and 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Dec. 31 at the town center. Call 848-4770.
* WAIPIO CRAFTS Hawaii Okinawa Center hosts “An Evening in Waipio” craft fair from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Dec. 11. Call 676-5400.
* CAREGIVERS Central Oahu Caregivers have a support group at 7 p.m. Dec. 12 and every second Thursday at Wahiawa General Hospital. Everyone is welcome. Call 623-6707.
* HALEIWA MARCH Haleiwa has its annual Christmas parade at 6 p.m. Dec. 13, featuring more than 40 marching units and the Royal Hawaiian Band. The parade starts at Weed Circle and ends at Haleiwa Beach Park, with festivities before and after the march. Call 637-4558.
* LAGOON TOUR Polynesian Cultural Center presents “Christmas Lagoon: The Light Within” at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 13-14, 16-21 and 23, featuring a canoe ride with music, displays and seasonal arts and crafts. Admission is $10 and $8. Call 293-3333.
* KEIKI HOOLAULEA Waialua District Park presents Na Keiki Holiday Hoolaulea from 9 a.m. to noon Dec. 14 for ages 3-12. Sponsored by the city Department of Parks and Recreation, the annual event offers games, crafts, a Santa corner and entertainment by the park program children. Call 637-4106.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Dec. 14 and 28 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* AINA MARCH Babes Against Biotech sponsors the Aloha Aina March at noon Dec. 15, moving from Haleiwa 7-Eleven to Haleiwa Beach Park with 1,000 marchers. Call 436-7006.
* PARK SIGNUPS City parks offer online registration for their spring programs Dec. 16-24 at honoluluparks.com. Walk-in registration is Jan. 8, 9 and 10.
* WREATHS Melody Fanning leads a workshop on Hawaiian wreaths at 10 a.m. Dec. 19 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Bring dried materials. Fee is $15. Call 522-7066.
* BOOK SALE Friends of Waialua Library have a book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 21 at the library. Call 637-8286.
* ART WALK The monthly Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 28 in Haleiwa town, featuring sales, activities and events hosted by dozens of merchants. Call 637-4558.
* HELEMANO TREES Helemano Farms is selling Norfolk island pine Christmas trees (from $40 to $100) on Whitmore Avenue. Visit helemanofarms.com.
* KAHUKU MUSIC Turtle Bay Resort’s Hang Ten lounge offers live local music from 6 p.m. each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Call 689-1800.
* STORIES, FILMS Wahiawa Library sponsors a free storytime from 6 to 7:15 p.m. each Thursday and a free Movie Night at 5 p.m. each Tuesday. Call 622-6345.
* PADDLE FITNESS Rainbow Watersports has Stand Up Paddle Fitness classes Saturdays at Haleiwa Bay. Call 372-9304.
* HULA Kumu hula Ali’i Manu conducts non-competitive hula classes at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary School. Men and women ages 15 and up are welcome. Call 478-2400.
* ESCRIMA Patrick Delos Santos offers Kali Escrima classes in Filipino self-defense (stick fighting) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mililani Waena Elementary School. Monthly fee is $50. Call 398-0119.
* STRIDERS Leeward Stroller Strides group meets at 8:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park, offering a fitness walk for moms and tots in strollers. Fee is $60 a month. A Schofield Barracks group meets at 8:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Call 398-6275.
* JAZZERCISE Kate Moore leads low-impact, one-hour Jazzercise classes at 6 and 7 p.m. Mondays at Mililani District Park, and beginners are welcome. She also leads Jazzercise at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.
* KEIKI COUNCIL The Central District North Community Children’s Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month in Mililani High School Room C101. All parents of children with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
* TECH PARK MART Hiraoka Farm sponsors a farmers market from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays at 100 Kahelu Ave. in Mililani Tech Park, featuring breads, plate lunches, desserts, flowers, local meat and produce and much more. Call 228-3714.
* WAIPIO MARKET Kaiser Waipio Clinic has a “fresh day” market of healthy food and produce from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 432-2270.
* QUEEN’S MARKET Liliuokalani Church hosts a Queen’s Open Market from 1 to 5 p.m. Sundays in Haleiwa with fresh produce, ono food and hand-crafted local items. Booth fee is $30. Vendors and entertainers are invited to call 637-9364.
* NORTH MARKET North Shore Country Market runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Sunset Beach Elementary, selling Hawaii-made items exclusively. Vendors are welcome. Call 673-3296.
* WAIALUA CO-OP Waialua Farmers Co-op Market sells local produce, plants and more from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Waialua Sugar Mill. Call 637-4439.
* WAHIAWA MART A farmers market is open from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. each Thursday in the Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission parking lot at 1067 California Ave. Visit wahiawacdbo.org.
* HALEIWA MARKET Haleiwa Farmers Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursdays at Pikake Pavilion and the Waimea Valley main lawn. Call 388-9696.
* MILILANI MARKET Mililani High School hosts a Farmers Market from 8 to 11 a.m. Sundays in the gym parking lot. Call 848-2074.