Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central Oahu items to email@example.com or fax them to 585-6324. The next edition is Nov. 20, and the deadline is Nov. 13.
* LIONS FILM Wahiawa Lions meets Nov. 6 at Dot’s in Wahiawa for dinner (6:45 p.m.) followed by a film screening at 7:30 p.m. of Ola – Health is Everything. Dinner costs $10. Call 225-7206.
* FALL FEST Mililani Uka Elementary School has its annual Fall Fest from 5 to 8 p.m. Nov. 8 at 94-380 Kuahelani Ave. Call 627-7303.
* CRAFT FAIR Leilehua High’s Project Grad has a holiday craft fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 9 in the cafeteria with food, plants, live music, prizes, baked goods, crafts and more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* CHURCH FAIR Mililani Presbyterian Church and Preschool has a Family Fun, Craft and Gift Fair from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Nov. 9 with entertainment, food, crafts, gifts and keiki games at 95-410 Kuahelani Ave. Call 623-6663.
* KAALA RECYCLES Kaala Elementary School has a Going Green recycling drive from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 9 at 130 California Ave., accepting all kinds of recyclable items. Call 291-6151.
* CLOSURES Public schools and libraries are closed Nov. 9-11 in observance of Veterans Day.
* ROLLER DERBY Aloha City Rollers’ Sneaky Tikis and Dash Dolls face each other at 4 p.m. Nov. 9 and Dec. 7 on the Mililani Roller Hockey Track, 95-1000 Makaunulau St. Call 454-3847.
* VETERANS MASS St. John Apostle and Evangelist Catholic Curch has a Veterans Day Mass at 11 a.m. Nov. 10, along with a special blessing of military families and veterans, at 95-370 Kuahelani Ave. Call 623-3332.
* CENTERPIECE Melody Fanning leads a workshop on making Thanksgiving centerpieces at 10 a.m. Nov. 12 at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Dried materials are welcome. Fee is $15. Call 522-7066.
* DRUG FORUM Wahiawa Library hosts a panel on preventing drug abuse at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 12, moderated by state Rep. Marcus Oshiro with Alan Shinn of Drug Free Hawaii and Keith Kamita of the narcotics enforcement division of the state Department of Public Safety. Call Matt Brown at 622-6345.
* TALL TALES Renowned mask-maker, storyteller, puppeteer and teacher Ben Moffat presents “Stories on Stilts and Other Tall Tales” at 6 p.m. Nov. 14 at Wahiawa Library. Call 622-6345.
* BOOK SALES The Friends of Waialua Library have a book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (637-8286), and the Friends of Mililani Library have a book sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (626-7290) – both on Nov. 16.
* SUNSET RECYCLES Sunset Beach Elementary has a community recycling drive from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 16. Visit kokuahawaiifoundation.org.