Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central Oahu items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 585-6324. The next edition is Sept. 11, and deadline is Sept. 4.
* NEIGHBORS North Shore Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Aug. 27 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria, and Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28 at Mililani Rec Center III. Call 768-3710.
* CONCERT Waimea Valley’s final summer concert runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 31 with Kaiholu, Abrigo ‘Ohana, Waipuna and Maunalua (The Future), and emcee Mento Mele. Tickets are $20 and $10 at the gate. Call 638-7766.
* CANCER BENEFIT Waterfall Productions hosts a cancer benefit with lots of music and prizes from 5 to 11 p.m. Aug. 31 at Dot’s; tickets $18. Call 722-2983.
* AREA HIKES The Sierra Club leads a 9-mile moderate hike to Pupukea ridge Aug. 31, and a 5-mile moderate hike Sept. 1 to Kawaiiki above Haleiwa’s old cane fields. Call 538-6616 or visit email@example.com.
* BEACH CLEANUP Adopt-a-Beach Hawaii plans a beach cleanup at 10 a.m. Aug. 31 at Chun’s Reef. Trash bags, water, safety vests and gloves are provided. Look for signs. Call 637-2211.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Aug. 31 at Laie Shopping Center, and from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 7 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
* BANDSTAND Waialua Bandstand hosts Na Wahine O Ka Hula Mai Ka Puuwai Hula Halau at 4 p.m. Sept. 1. sponsored by Haleiwa Joe’s Seafood Grill. Call 637-9721.
* POLO SUNDAYS Hawaii Polo Club’s season resumes at 2 p.m. Sept. 1 with Equus Hotel vs. Dawson International on the Mokuleia polo field. Admission is $10, $8 or $25 (clubhouse seats). Sept. 8 and 15 matches are India vs. Hawaii. Call 220-5153.
* SOROPTIMISTS The Central Oahu Soroptimists meet at 6 p.m. Sept. 5 at Ruby Tuesday Mililani. Prospective members are welcome. Call 291-6151.
* CAREGIVERS The Central Oahu Caregivers host a support group at 7 p.m. Sept. 12 at Wahiawa General Hospital for all caregivers. Call 623-6707.
* EAT STREETS Mililani Town Association sponsors the popular food truck festival, Eat the Street Mililani, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sept. 14 on Lehiwa Street, which will close from Meheula Parkway to Hoalia Street. Call 440-2640.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Sept. 14 and 23 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95-1069 Ukuwai St. Call 782-8387.
* THIRD FRIDAY Hale-iwa Joe’s hosts a Third Friday live art and music event, Absolut Art, from 6 to 10 p.m. Sept. 20 at the Haleiwa venue with hands-on art, meeting artists, music and dancing. The after-party at 10 is for 21 and older and costs $10 cover. Call 637-8005.
* STORIES, FILMS Wahiawa Library sponsors a free storytime from 6 to 7:15 p.m. each Thursday and a free Movie Night at 5 p.m. each Tuesday. Call 622-6345.
* PET PHOTOS Waialua Library’s pet photo portrait exhibit closes at the end of August. Call 637-8286.
* SOCCER The Mililani-based Fusion Soccer Club is practicing for the HYSA season starting Sept. 1 and seeks boys born Aug. 1, 2004 and July 31, 2005 (927-4351) and girls born Aug. 1, 2000 and July 31, 2001 (864-9965).
* PUPUKEA SENIORS Pohai Na Makua o Pupukea seniors club meets monthly at 9:30 a.m. on the first Tuesday, August through May, at Sunset Beach Rec Center. Call 638-7213.
* MARTIAL ARTS Galius Northshore Martial Art offers free karate-style classes for all ages from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at Waialua Community Association. Call 637-4606.