Central Oahu Highlights
Email Central items to email@example.com or fax them to 585-6324. The next edition is June 12, and the deadline is June 5.
* NEIGHBORS Wahiawa-Whitmore Village Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. May 20 at Wahiawa District Park, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 p.m. May 21 at Mililani Mauka school, MililaniWaipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. May 22 at Mililani Rec Center III, and North Shore meets at 7 p.m. May 28 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria, Call 768-3710.
* TRAFFIC STUDY An information meeting on the Mililani H-2 Interchange Traffic Study is set for 6:30 p.m. May 22 at Mililani Mauka Elementary cafeteria, where state Department of Transportation officials will explain the project, take comments and answer questions. Call 587-2160.
* LEI MAKING Waialua District Park plans a public lei-making session from 9 a.m. to noon May 24 to create leis for Memorial Day. Call 637-9721.
* MOON WALK Waimea Valley hosts its monthly Moon Walk at 7:30 p.m. May 24, from the ticket both to the waterfall and back. Fee is $5 per person. Call 638-7766.
* MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation has “meet and greet” sessions for its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. May 25 and June 8 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park. Call 782-8387.
* BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives at Mililani Town Center (near Tesoro) from 7 to 10:45 a.m. May 25, and 7 a.m.-12:45 p.m. May 27; 7 a.m.-12:30 p.m. May 28 at Monsanto Co. on Kunia Road, and 9 a.m.-3:45 p.m. May 28 at the BYU-Hawaii ballroom, window side. Call 848-4770.
* BEACH CLEANUP Adopt A Beach Hawaii and Save the Sea Turtles International lead a beach debris cleanup at 10 a.m. May 25, meeting at Chun’s Reef. Trash bags, water, safety vests and gloves are provided. Call 637-2211.
* POLO Hawaii Polo Club presents Hawaii Polo Life “White Party” May 26, and Argentina v. Hawaii at 2 p.m. June 2 and 9 on the Mokuleia polo field. Admission is $25, $10 or $8, with children 12 and under admitted free. Gates open at 11 a.m. each Sunday. Call 226-0061.
* DOT’S MUSIC The Waikiki to Wahiawa Concert Series presents Kelly Boy De Lima and Kapena from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. May 31 at Dot’s banquet hall in Wahiawa, with no-host cocktails and pupus. Admission is $25 presale or $30 at the door. Call 224-0776.
* BANDSTAND Waialua Bandstand has entertainment by Na Lei Nani o Waialua Hula Halau at 4 p.m. June 2, sponsored by Friends of Waialua Town and Island X Hawaii. Call 637-9721.
* FILM The Taste of Summer Film Series presents Ingredients Hawaii at 7:30 p.m. June 6 at Waimea Valley, following the Haleiwa Farmers Market. Call 638-7766.
* STAR PARTY Hawaiian Astronomical Society brings its telescopes and know-how to Dillingham Airfield from 7:15 p.m. to midnight June 8 for a monthly star-gazing party. The public is welcome but there are restrictions. Visit hawastsoc.org.
* TRIATHLON The BikeFactory North Shore Triathlon runs from 6 to 10 a.m. June 8, starting and ending at Mokuleia Beach Park. Call 372-8885.
* FOOTBALL CAMP UH brings high school football camp to Mililani High School from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 9. Norm Chow and staff will teach strategies and techniques. Fee is $20. Call 956-6508 or 956-4514.
* FOOTBALL Mililani Football Association seeks a volunteer head coach now for the Junior PeeWee division of Pop Warner Football. Call Tony at 756-3334.
* SOCCER The Mililani-based Fusion Soccer Club is practicing for HYSA season starting Sept. 1. The club seeks interested boys born between Aug. 1, 2004 and July 31, 2005 (927-4351) and girls born between Aug. 1, 2000 and July 31, 2001 (864-9965).